Blocked Nose - Help!!

carolc

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 19 weeks pregnant and about 2 weeks ago my nose started to get blocked up.

Its like having a bad constant cold, I can't sleep at night cos of it and when I do get to sleep I wake up about an hour later and have to keep blowing my nose but it is still blocked up.

Its got to stage now where I have a constant sore head because of it and my nostrils are constantly blocked all day and all night.

I'm getting really grumpy cos I can't get a sleep cos of it. The doctor won't give me any nasal sprays and I am taking menthol crystals from chemist but not helping.

Anything else I can do - its really getting me down and the thought of being like this all through pregnancy is getting me down.

Help!!

:wave: Welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like pregnancy rhinitis which unfortunately there's not much you can do about. I had it in these last two pregnancies and it's like having a cold or hayfever all the time. It's a pain but there are much worse things you could be suffering with!

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/rhinitis.html

I had this severely with my last pregnancy - the only thing to help were those nose strips you can buy to help with snoring, they open up your nasal passages and were a life saver for me. Give them a go :)

:wave: Welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like pregnancy rhinitis which unfortunately there's not much you can do about. I had it in these last two pregnancies and it's like having a cold or hayfever all the time. It's a pain but there are much worse things you could be suffering with!

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/rhinitis.html

Thanks for this post and link - this sounds exactly like what i have and its been 5 weeks now. I have been really worried but it sounds fairly common. My symptoms are so much worse this tme than in any of my previous pregnancies we are joking about the fact it might be twins!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back