Thrush problems, HELP!

kellie80

Reaction score
I've always been really prone to thrush and had it regularly since I was about 16. I used to get it every time I used bubble bath, changed my pill or even just cos I got my period. I had it through my whole 2nd pregnancy! :x This time though I got it in the middle of October and the GP gave me a pessary which worked well but didn't completely clear it. I went back on the 5th of November and she gave me the tablet. She wanted to do a swab but I had started to bleed that day so she gave me the swab kit and asked me to bring it in when the bleeding had stopped which I did about 5 days later. I felt fine by then and the swab was clear. Then last Monday (24th) I started getting it again :twisted: I got an appointment for the Thursday the 27th and she gave me the tablet again. I took it straight away cos by this time the thrush was really bad. The discharge cleared up after about 12 hours and the soreness cleared after about 24 hours but its still not gone now, 5 days on I'm still itchy and a bit sore. Just getting so angry with it now. I have another appointment on the 3rd! I was hoping someone out there has been through something similar and got it sorted or if anyone has any tips for me? Help!

sounds like you've got a candida albicans overgrowth hun. It could well be caused by the pill. I had this problem when I was in my late teens and it caused chronic fatigue symptoms as well. I would mention it to the doc and ask for tests.

It can be treated with dietary changes as well as the Nystatin pills. The problem will be in your stomach, which is where the yeast grows.

Hope you feel better soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I heard that getting thrush lots is a symptom of clamidiah?
Im not saying it in a nasty way, just thought id say :)

i'm prone to thrush too.

* no baths, only showers :(

* cotton pants and hold-ups, not silky/nylony pants and no tights

* clean in shower using only water no soap, but use those exfoliating gloves and gently scrub between creases and just inside the hole (sorry, tmi! but keeps it super-clean and thrush-free :D )

* canesten cream

ooh jazzmum2be i must admit i got thrush more often before my chlamydia was treated, so u might be right :? think some people are just prone tho, i got it last month when i was preggas and i'm clean of STI's now :)

I been checked for sti's a few times and always been clear so I don't think thats the problem. GP had given me some cream with is anti fungal, antibiotic and also has steroid in it to see if that helps. I feel OK at the minute though. She said if it comes straight back again the can give you regular treatment to keep it at bay. I've got everything crossed that it stays away this time :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back