Help - Sudden pain and bleeding after ERPC

abbyw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Help - Had my ERPC/D&C on Monday and had no bleeding or real pain since, just some odd cramps here and there that passed, but last night I started cramping really badly, like, unbearable cramps, and very suddenly bleeding very heavily. I'm cramping really badly today, I'm in a lot of discomfort, and the bleeding is still coming, much darker blood this morning than what I had on Monday immediately after the procedure but still 'fresh' (sorry if that's TMI).

I've felt so fine the past few days I've not really rested up or anything and just been going about things the normal way - don't get me wrong, I've not run a marathon or anything, but I haven't really sat still at all just trying to get back to normal...so wonder it's that I've done too much or something as it's all happening a bit suddenly??

Did anyone else have this at all?? Sudden onset of pain/bleeding days after having no symptoms at all??

Hi abby
Hope your feeling better soon, i've still had no pain or bleeding just waiting for it to come xx

It happened. To me too. I hope you will feel better soon

Thanks guys - Hope, how long did it last for you? I know I'm hormonal and all that but I'm actually in tears the cramps are so much.... have been taking the anti-inflammatories the hospital gave me but don't think I can take anything else for the pain so am trying to get comfortable...

i came back from hospital with only minor cramping and almost not bleeding at all, then a couple of days later i ahd so much cramping and i was bleeding on and off for 15 days, some days just using a panty liner some days changing maxi pads every h. the cramping lasted almost 10 days i think, i was taking those painkillers like mint drops lol. then when bleeding stopped my cramps stopped mostly but i was still getting some of that (not as bad as to use a painkiller) for almost the whole month.

try warm bottles on your tummy, thats what saved me actually....

Hey hun, this happened to me too. I had 2 days of not cramps and minimal bleeding, then I had heavy cramping and bleeding which was heavy for a few days, but lasted for about 10 days in total getting gradually less until fx I think it has stopped! I had my erpc 2 weeks ago today and the bleeding stopped on Monday/ Tuesday this week. Take it easy and rest up :hugs: xx

So relieved it's not just me (sounds mean - sorry, you know what I mean!) thought something was going wrong....

I'm so annoyed - I wish I'd paid more attention to what my docs were telling me. I'm due back at work at Monday - called my boss yesterday and said how good I was feeling. He was surprised, he thought I wouldn't be back for a while longer - I was so enthusiastic - need something to do and want to get back to normal, but if this carries on there's no way I can be at my desk. Lying down in the foetal position is about the only body shape I can manage at the moment.....

Sending OH out for a hot water bottle on his lunch break - can't find mine anywhere. Feel so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey last time after I came from the clinic bleeding very heavily for over a week and then off and on for a few weeks this time iv come home and tiny amount of blood when I wipe I rang them as worried it wasn't normal they said some women hardly bleed and sometimes it will be nothing for up to a week then suddenly come on very heavy so I guess what you are expeiriancing is normal if worried tho call them xx

Grrrrrrrrr - was referred to my GP who says he suspects infection - swabbed me (bloody hurt) and packed me off with a suitcase of antibiotics and ANOTHER week off work.....there really is only so much time I can spend in my house before I go insane.... I mean, on a complete whim this week I have signed up to study two A-levels by evening class/distance learning and decided to go back to University next year...... Talk about MC being a life changing experience! By this time next week I'll have decided to learn Mandarin Chinese.........

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Abby what drugs did they give you? You might be able to add something on top. If you don't want to post pm me all the stuff they gave you and I tell you what else to might be able to take (I lecture in pharmacy so do know what i'm talking about :) xxx

Aww wthanks dysco! I am on Voltarol from the hospital (course ends tomorrow) but the doc prescribed Metronidazole and Cefalexin xx

sorry this is so delayed hun, hope the pain eased, but as voltarol is an non steriodal anti-inflammatory you can take paracetamol as well, in between or at the same time (stick to the maximums on the packet though) hope you ok :hug:

This happened to me too and was pretrifying, I had nothing after op and then a few days later sat on the toilet and felt movement in my pelvic area, all of a sudden a massive surge of blood burst out, so much so that it coated the whole of the toilet bowl and was flowing out - i went into shock, went to my local hospital and was examined . Apparently i had 'retained products' which of course caused me some emotional distress!!!!
I had antibiotics and rest and it soon passed.

hope all is well for you soon xxx

Thanks for your story keepontrying - sounds very similar indeed as this weekend I passed a really large clot (sorry, TMI!!) and I just haven't looked since but it's definitely easing. Glad to know it passed with the tablets and rest :)

Dysco - that concoction of tablets I listed, they're making me feel like I've been hit by a sledgehammer! I couldn't even get out of bed this morning and I'm a really early riser - is that a common side effect? I'm not worried, just curious more than anything as never had problems with medicine before.....

i felt pretty rough on them too, couldn't work out if it was the tablets of combined effects of everything that was going on! tbh i put it down to the combination of emotional events, the physical ongoing side of if and then side effects on top. I don't think normally they have much of an effect but i think its easy to not recognise how physically traumatic this process is for your body, I was shattered for 3-4 days afterwards and work felt like much more of a battle than it ever had before once i went back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back