Bleeding & pain after MC

specialk

Reaction score
I am confused...

Heavy bleeding & pain started Sun night went to the hospital last night where they did a scan which showed the uterus as empty. The doc said it looked like I wasnt even pregnant in the first place so me and OH left feeling very confused.

Then she rang late last night and said the results of my blood test were 38 which would indicate that I had been pregnant and have lost the baby. She said it would have died 2/3 weeks ago and said to do another test in a week(?) I was 10 weeks pregnant so baby will have died 6/7 weeks.

Anyway the heavy bleeding and pain has continued then today it seemed to stop but then tonight, all of a sudden I have bad pain, bleeding and my tummy is bloated. I dont know what is going on with my body now.

I was preparing myself to go back to work as felt physically ok (not emotionally ok but thought work might distract my thoughts) but now I feel awful again.

I have no recollection of passing the baby although I must have if my uterus is empty surely? Just very heavy bleeding and perhaps tiny tiny 'particles' but not alot.

Can anyone explain what on earth is happening?

Hey honey I am so sorry for your loss! In terms of nothing showing up on the scan I had exactly the same thing. My hcg levels were higher but I lost my baby at 6 weeks. The woman said the lining of my womb was thick and simply looked like a heavy period.

I take it they are letting you continue with a natural mc then. This means you dont have any tablets or a procedure! I had this. I started bleeding on the Fri. By the Sat it got pretty heavy and had clots in it. This lasted for maybe 4 days. I went back to work on the Mon too for the same reasons but I had to go and get bloods taken till my hcg levels were below 5. This was two weeks later. I never had any real physical pain but I was told to expect it.

In honesty honey if you are not happy go back to the dr. I hope you are ok. Thoughts are with you and your oh!

sosorry for your loss i cant imagin how you feel hunny but sending you big hugs and hoping that your pain will soon ease xxxxxxxxx

Thanks so much girls.

I have not gone into work today. Just dont feel up to it and need to get my head together. Even get my head round that my boobs have now deflated! (trying to make light of the situation). Physically still bleeding a bit and pain so hoping this will die down.

They have told me to take a pg test in a week I guess to see if there is any HCG in my system but when I went to the hospital they did 2 pg tests which came back negative so seems a waste of time.

Its awful for this to happen to anyone so I am not special. Just a shock after having 2 normal pgs with my 2 boys. I feel blessed for having them but still sad at my loss. Just need to get back to normal xxx

Sorry to hear your news...........:hug:

Don't be too hard on yourself, you've had a shock and a bereavement to deal with alongside the physical and emotional pain. Give youself a few days to recover hunny xx

Thank you Cazza. I think the worst part for me is I have no recollection of passing my baby. Although I thought I would not want to see this now I wish I had as I would rather have been aware but am thinking it must have come out in all the heavy bleeding.

Just had to ring and cancel my scan and they asked why. Makes it so real when you have to tell them why. Thanks for all your support. xxxx

it does hun i had to cancel my midwife appointment and i just cried and cried. give yourself time we are all here for you xxxxx

Thanks Amyrose. Its just so awful isnt it. One minute I think I am ok emotionally but then it hits me again. Life is so bloody cruel xx

I hits you out of the blue my husband was talking his his friend on the phone the other day and asked how his wife was i just started crying we got pregnant at the same time and now im so jealous of her its horrible wot it does to you x

so sorry for your loss. positive thoughts for the future. I lost mine at 9 weeks. I knew I had passed mine, I passed in the toilets of the hospital waiting for a scan! Sometimes its better not to know.

I agree with Cazza though - be kind to yourself and give yourself as much time as you need.

To all who have lost - here's to good little stickies next time!!!
xxx

A thought...although its a tough time it helps to remember there is always someone worse off than you...

I met with a close friend of mine yesterday who is 6.5 months pg. They found abnormalities with the heart and brain and she is having to travel to Manchester and Sheffield for scans etc. Se doesnt know if she will have to terminate and if not and she gives birth her little man may not survive. She is having to wait weeks for scans and feels him kicking and he is growing.

She cant buy anything for him and cant really bond with him. Seeing and talking to her really put things into perspective for me. Although any loss at any stage is just awful and I am feeling it I cant imagine being in that position.

I am praying for her now and hoping that there is a positive outcome.

I also feel lucky to be blessed with 2 gorgeous and healthy boys but baby no 3 will never be forgotten - he/she is my little angel and I have to believe that I will in the near future have a happy ending. Wont be trying till the end of the year so watch this space and might see some of you again.

Sending positive vibes to everyone xxx

hey hon......when i lost our baby at 9 weeks....i kept thinking well it just wasnt meant to be, something was wrong with the baby and at least we didnt have more heartbreak later on or had to make a difficult decision.

it still hurt like hell dont get me wrong....but everything happens for a reason xx

Samsgirl

I agree and am trying to think that way. Went back to work today was weird. I just feel so flat...xxx

Hi, I'm not even sure what happening to me at the moment. I gave birth to my second son 4 months ago, and had some erratic bleeding to start with. It seemed to settle a bit, but my last period was 10 days late, but in that time I had 2 negative pregnancy tests. Then I started to bleed, but was also feeling nauseous and being sick in the mornings, just like in both of my previous pregnancies. I took another test on day 6 of my period (was only spotting by that time), and it was positive. Went to the doctors, and he said it was impossible to date as my test came back positive after I'd bled, so booked me in for a scan on Wednesday. Nothing much showed on the scan except a slight thickening in my uterus, so they did blood tests. 1st results came back as 45, and they said it was probably a very early pregnancy (1-2 weeks since conception). 2nd results 2 days later were still only 46, so now they've said I'm probably losing the baby, or it could be ectopic. I don't know how to feel, cos I still FEEL pregnant....bloated tummy (had lost my baby belly from last time), tired, sick. I've also been using the Clear Blue digital pregnancy test, and it still says 'Pregnant 1-2', so is all this just because of leftover hormones? I've got another blood test today, the doctor said to check that my HCG levels are decreasing, and I'm still spotting, so I suppose I must be losing it, but I just can't seem to shake this feeling that there's still something there. Is this normal? Just wishful thinking (I'd love more kids, and sooner rather than later)? Any advice would be welcome.

Hi VCG

That is rather confusing for you...bless. I dont really know what to make of it. All I can tell you is that when I had my recent miscarriage I have very heavy bleeding and pains so knew something was wrong. Also I think iof you're pregnant the HCG levels should be in their 100s. Mine was 38 and I had lost my baby weeks ago. I have been told to do a pregnancy test tomorrow to make sure its negative. Its all confusing I know.

You will still feel pregnant even if you are having an MC. I felt pregnant up to and whilst I was miscarrying my symptoms went away 2 days later.

I hope you're ok and let me know how the blood test goes x

Blood test came back today at 16, so this one obviously wasn't meant to be. Will give my body a chance to sort itself out, and fingers crossed it'll all be ok for next time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back