Biting!!!

Urchin

Reaction score
OW!!

The last 2 days Riley has been nipping me as he feeds. I dunno what he must have been doing last night either cos my right nipple is really sore this morning.

Anyone have any tips or am I stuck with this now? :?

Distraction is the only thing I found to work ie getting a necklace or something.

Others suggest unlatching and saying no everytime they did it, but that didnt work for me

Tasha20 said:
Distraction is the only thing I found to work ie getting a necklace or something.

Others suggest unlatching and saying no everytime they did it, but that didnt work for me

I say no and unlatch lil miss, put her on the floor with her toys....imo, if shes biting shes not feeding so shes not hungry. She usually screams and follows me round till I put her back on when shes ok... but she did go through a nasty biting stage where she bit me all the time :( I can track all the biting from times when shes teething so maybe give some calpol to see how he fairs :think:

oo? what are momsicles?

i find that connor only really bites when he's teething... and when he's half asleep during night feeds. he's had me yelping a couple of times (i made him cry the first time :lol: ) and hasn't really done it during an awake feed since.

like squig, i just took him off and put him on the floor for a bit. he didn't like it but he seems to have learned his lesson :think:

I had the same thing with Maia and I spoke to someone at the Baby Cafe I go to. There are 2 methods you can use according to the La Leche book they always look in for advice.

1) Pull baby in close to you so your boob slightly covers baby's nostrils in the theory that baby will then let go in order to breathe through their mouth. I tried this but it didn't work for me.

2) Release suction with finger and pull baby off saying "no", give no eye contact and don't re-latch for a good minute or so.

I tried the second approach but again it didn't really work for me either, in the end I just carried on feeding cause I was so glad she was feeding after her weight issues and it didn't really hurt cause she has no teeth. Luckily touch wood *puts hand to forehead* she seems to have stopped and hasn't bitten for ages.

Found some info on http://www.kellymom.com which you might find helpful

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html

Luckily he hasn't done it for a day or so... he has 4 teeth now so it really bloody hurts when he does :?

ds used to bite occasionally, I just had to take him off to stop him each time but he'd just do it again and again. He stopped eventually but I don't think it was anything I did. He just got bored/stopped of his own accord.

Hope lo stops soon :hug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back