Really want to do both?

Flame

Reaction score
I started off breast feeding until he just used to use my nipple as a dummy so had to start using formula

Thing is now i really want to occasionally breast feed him, i know he will take it occasionally because he did last night and this morning but my midwife says i must pick one or the other.

Anyone got any advice?

for a few weeks a formula fed alice during the day and breast fed at night.

i didn't express though (looking back, i wish i had done), so after a while and when alice dropped one of her many night feeds, i dried up.

i don't see why you can't try both if he will take both. :think:

Flame said:
I started off breast feeding until he just used to use my nipple as a dummy so had to start using formula

Thing is now i really want to occasionally breast feed him, i know he will take it occasionally because he did last night and this morning but my midwife says i must pick one or the other.

Anyone got any advice?

i would advise you to just breastfeed for the first two or three months. Its normal for a baby to breastfeed a lot during the first few days/weeks. My first fed every hour at first :shock:
once you have established brestfeeding introduce formula slowly,
If you do it now you will find your breaasts do not produce the right amount of milk for you babys need.

I found breasstfeeding exhausting to begin with, I felt that Austin was feeding constantly. I think it's common for newborns, they're growing so quickly in the first few weeks! He settled down after a few weeks and I'm so pleased I decided to breastfeed! It's a fantastic feeling. I would advise that if you can keep trying to breastfeed (even if it seems he's feeding LOADS) - you can always switch from breast to formula but not the other way round if you change your mind.

Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back