Bit of a shock

Rhino Horn

Reaction score
Had my obstetrician appointment today and she has told me I need to go for a growth scan as I am measuring a bit small. Plus there is a bit of protein in my wee as well. Nothing to out there but just something to keep an eye on as I have high BP anyway which is being treated (but was normal when they checked it today)

I also got told I am slightly anaemic yesterday too :(

My husband is away for a couple of days so I got a bit hormonal and did some proper sobbing :( and scared the sh*t out of him. Feel like I have got my act together a bit now but it was all a bit of a shock as I thought everything was progressing quite nicely. I said to him that I knew this hospital appointment would be a disaster as it would be the first one he wouldn't be coming to! Women's intuition eh?!

Hope your ok!! They told me Lacey was small and was gonna induce me but I had her 2 days late and she was 7lb 7oz and 56cm so no way small! They do get it wrong! x x

hun dont worry! most of the times it seems like the babies that have been checked at growth scan comes out and are just fine with a good weight!

Hey hon hope you're ok x I asked my mw about growth scans the other day using annie's experience as an example and she explained that some times babies don't grow and gain weight steadily sometimes they won't grow for a little bit and then they'll have a growth spurt so try not to worry too much honey x big hugs x

Thanks ladies :) I think it was more that my husband wasn't with me and I got a bit hormonal and over-reacted a little bit.

I'm pleased they are scanning me again - at least it means we can see baby again :) Plus - does a small baby means it hurts less when it comes out? Or is that just incredibly wishful thinking??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back