Birthday present suggestions needed please.

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
It's my OH's Mums birthday tomorrow and I've got no idea what to get her (typical me to leave it until the last minute). She can't use bath smellies etc because of a skin condition. She's not really trendy or anything. I ended up buying her a chocolate liquer for xmas because I was so stuck. I don't think she's really into any sort of music or dvd's. It's sooo frustrating :wall:

How about a nice photoframe or something. Tesco/Sainsburys are REALLY good for home bits like that- and they look more expensive than they are :wink:

Maybe if you find something reasonable you could get her a nice big bunch of flowers too? x

ahhh the awkward recipient... hmmm

gift voucher?

dunno if shopping centres near you do them, but there are some over here that do vouchers for a whole shopping centre, so there not restricted to one shop.

alternatively flowers adn a balloon??

A nice purse?
A pretty scarf?
Jewellery?

Cook Book? Hugh Fearnly Whittingstalls (sp) mum does one called the best granny's cook book or something, I got it for my mom when I was expecting and she loved it, but it depends if shes into that sort of thing (or if she would mind you refering to her as granny!).

Otherwise the photo frame idea would be lovely, especially if you said you would get her a special pic of your baby when she arrives.

I'm quite liking the photo frame idea. Also love the idea of the granny cookbook but she rarely cooks (and when she does it's really bad lol), I might get that for my mum though. A purse would be nice I suppose, I could do with a new one myself so purse shopping is a good idea. I was going to get her an earings and necklace set for xmas until my OH told me she hasn't got her ears pierced :doh: Ahhh well, if all else fails I suppose choccies and flowers would do.

xJodieLoux said:
I was going to get her an earings and necklace set for xmas until my OH told me she hasn't got her ears pierced :doh:

:rotfl: sorry that made me lol.

How about a necklace on it's own? or with a bracelet.

Does she read? cos you can get some good books from Tesco etc.

Flowers can make a little present look better so always consider.

If she drinks maybe a bottle of champagne or wine.

A big box of chocolates are always appreciated.

Frame with a printed photo is always a good one.

If she likes chilling at home what about slippers/dressing gown (my fave present ever!)

Good luck finding something :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back