Phoebe Jane

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Ok so I thought I'd start a parenting journal for Phoebe, seen as I didn't have a pregnancy one.

I'm completely smitten :cloud9:

So little Phoebe was born 07/12/11 weighing 7lbs 4oz. She was born two days before her due date, but I think the 7th was her actual due date anyway because it was exactly 9months from my OH's birthday :)

So we are all just adjusting at the minute, she's completely turned my world upside down for the better. Unfortunately she's had a bit of trouble with colic and we had problems with breast feeding too, she is now on a bottle. I managed to breast feed for two days, but I don't think I was giving her much, I've never been able to express anything and my boobs have never felt any different. She was always really restless when I was breast feeding and I was stressed that she wasn't getting anything. Plus she has tongue tie so had trouble latching on. The difference in her when I switched to bottle was amazing. I was so much happier knowing exactly what she was getting and she seemed a lot calmer and sleeps a lot better too. I do feel very dissapointed in myself for not being able to really produce though :(

She is so good, she sleeps most of the day but likes to keep us awake at night time at the moment, she tends to wake at the same times every night though, usually at 1am and again at 4am but sometimes it can take a while to settle her again and other times she'll go straight back to sleep after a feed and nappy change.

My OH has been so fantastic too, he's really helping with Phoebe and jumps at the chance to feed or change her :) and he's been doing the housework too, I wish I had his energy, I'm so tired and I'm still really uncomfortable too, I only had one tear and one stitch I'd have thought by now it would feel much easier but it's still hurting. I'm dreading my OH going back to work on wednesday :(

Most of the family have seen her now too, my sister finally got to meet her today, she was away at uni when Phoebe was born and couldn't make it back because she has exams at the time.

I had a visit from the Health Visitor on friday too and Phoebe is doing well, she was already back at her birth weight at day 9, and she said they normally expect them to be back at their birth weight by day 14, I'm so relieved she's put on weight. She did her hearing test too which came back really clear :yay:

So anyway I'm going to leave it there for now and I shall leave you with a few photos of my gorgeous girl :love:

Fingers crossed for a decent nights sleep tonight...

Phoebe bouncer.jpg

4pic.jpg

10pic.jpg

Well I have just not found the time to update this at all. She's been rather restless just lately her colic is terrible. We've tried everything we've changed her formula to Aptamil comfort - anti colic and constipation, infacol, dentinox and warm baths, not much seems to soothe her, poor thing :(
Plus OH has been back at work so I've had her day and night so I've been pulling my hair out a little bit.
The night times are rough at the minute she wakes for a feed at 4am and more often than not I can't seem to get her to settle again until 6am. I'm absolutely shattered.
Poor Phoebe also had a cold last week and was prescribed some saline nasal drops.

On a brighter note though she is definetely more alert now :) and seems to be able to see a lot more, she is absolutely fascinated by a candle I've got in the living room, ooh and last week she sat in her bouncer chair and was watching eastenders haha! Bless her she stayed quiet for all of it!
She's gaining weight nicely though, she was 8lbs 4oz last week, 1lb above her birth weight :dance: and she's due to be weighed again next week :)

:love: her!

xxx

Sorry you've had such a hard time with the colic! She is beautiful tho! :)

Thanks Pinky! :)

Well we took Phoebe on the bus for the first time today :), I don't drive but my OH does and he starts a new job on wednesday so I made him catch the bus with me today as a bit of a trial run. I have a 6 week check appointment at the doctors on wednesday morning and I've been really worrying about getting there. The bus wasn't so bad though, we were lucky it was nearly empty.
Phoebe of course slept the whole journey :) the fresh air and her pram always knocks her out.

She's still got her colic unfortunately, poor thing, it does seem to be improving a little though. But she still screams with tummy ache every evening :( we're trying her with colief at the moment though and we've only been using it the last few days so we'll see if that starts to make a difference :pray:

Ooh and I forgot to mention she last weighed in at 9lbs 4oz at 5 weeks :) they said she won't have to be weighed again for another 4 weeks and I'll have to take her to the clinic. She's really starting to fill out now and is finally starting to fit in some of her 0-3 month clothes, little porker :)

:love:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326742597303.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326742597303.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326742623443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326742623443.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326742669105.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326742669105.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 12
She is beautiful, is the colief working? X

Thanks Lisa :) it's certainly helped! Brilliant stuff, she still suffers from time to time though :(
Today has been a bad day for her, she's hardly slept and has screamed for most of the day :( she'll only seem to settle when I cuddle her and walk about with her today. I think it's just keeping her tummy warm. I really need to buy a sling so I can still get on with things xx

Phoebe has recently started smiling :love: it's so sweet :) the last two mornings she's given me a really beaming smile when she's woken up. Just completely melts my heart :cloud9:
uploadfromtaptalk1327423449219.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1327423480603.jpg

I love how alert she is now too, we bought her a gym from argos the other day and she loves it :)

Here's a few piccies of her
uploadfromtaptalk1327423580833.jpguploadfromtaptalk1327423606432.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1327423639467.jpg

7 weeks old today!

She's been an absolute dream today, she's been so pleasant and hardly cried at all :cloud9:
I took her for a really long walk today to my local town and back and she slept for the whole time lol, she always does when I take her out. I thought the fresh air will do her good plus I can try and shift some of this baby weight.
She slept well last night too, only waking for one feed instead of her usual two :D so I feel a lot more refreshed today. FX she keeps at it and eventually cuts the one out but I'm not building up any hopes lol.
Her colic seems a million times better too :) today whenever I've sat her up to wind her she's burped straight away :yay: so the colief drops seem to be really working.

She's had a bottle and fell asleep at the same time she did last night so FX for just that one feed :)
I think I'm off to catch some zzzzz's in the meantime :)

xxxx

8 weeks & 5 days old -

Well Phoebe had her jabs last week and I must say she handled them very well (much better than me anyway) lol. She cried when it happened but settled down really quickly afterwards :)

Unfortunately I've noticed for the last few days she's been off her feeds and keeps having bursts of screaming :( and she wants to chomp on everything.
The HV has confirmed today that she is teething already :shock: poor thing! She's still got her colic too so I can see we're in for a rough ride :(
She still has times throughout the day where she's really smiley and playful though which is lovely :) she has a little lion toy that hangs on her play mat and she spent a good hour yesterday smiling her head off at it and batting it about, she loved it, her eyes even follow it around the room :cloud9:

I just hate the thought of her being in so much pain :( it seems to be one things after another.
She had colic from a week old, a cold at 2 weeks old, she had a bit of a tummy bug last week just before her jabs and wouldn't keep any food down and now teething so young.
I just wish she could be more contented and not in pain all the time :cry:
xxx

Oh my gosh I've not been very good at updating this at all! She is keeping me very busy!

Phoebe is 16 weeks old now!

She's doing brilliantly! The colic has gone, woohoo!!! However now it has been replaced with teething :( she's been teethin g now since 9 weeks old, I wish her teeth would hurry up and come through already she's really suffering!

She's also started pretty much sleeping through :) some nights she'll go from 10pm til 7 -8am, other nights she'll wake up at 5.30 for a quick feed and go back to sleep sometimes until 9am! Bliss!

Here's a few updated pics :)

551340_10100145270465855_223406807_16797908_364664733_n (1).jpg

419006_10150714571746055_725571054_11729666_1633492927_n.jpg

374002_10150739917416055_725571054_11815786_253584555_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member