Keely & Ellis' Birthing story

Keely

Reaction score
Hi

Well this is my birthing story, I can honestly say I never believed labour was this bad!!! hehe

Wednesday I started having period pains in the morning as many of you know cos i was online, but I didnt believe I was in labour as I thought I would go over my dates..... by 2.30 I started to believe i was in labour as the pains were coming every 5 mins so I told OH to come home... By the time he got home I was in a lot of pain so we headed to the hospital at 5.30.

At the hospital they told me I was only 2cm!!! :shock: So long to go!! But i was contracting every 2 mins. By 8pm I was 4cm and they told me I could have some pain relief, I tried Gas and Air as planned and Threw up!!! :shock: Was very annoyed as I wanted a natural as possible birth and I couldnt see it happening as I wasnt coping very well... so I had some pethidine .... 4 hours later still nothing so i had some more pethidine ... another 4 hours later and I am only 7cm and waters still not gone... AND THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY MORE PETHIDINE!!

So I am drugless now and they decide to break my waters @ 4am(ish), which seem like a river!!

It is all a bit of a blur from here... at some point they rushed lots of people in and told me they needed to take blood from the babies head as he was (NOT HAPPY) and if he carried on like this they would put me in for emergency c section, but lucky as they started mucking about with me his heart beat started racing again! :D

At 5.30 they told me I could start pushing so I did..... an hour and half later and still pushing :shock: he head was half in half out and I was begging everyone to get him out of me!... I honestly thought in my head someone will have to either push him back in me or drag him out!! I was soooo scared and tired.

Then out came is his head... everyone panic again cos he had the cord round his neck twice and body and leg! ... he came out and was rushed across the room cos he had to be checked to make sure he hadnt swallowed any of the poo he had done in my waters! Then he cried!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

While everyone was cooing over him I had some problems with my placenta as the cord had snapped and they said I might need to go in theatre to get it out, but I thought NO WAY!! if i can get a baby out i can push this out!! so did!! haha

I had 5 stitches on the outside and 1 on the inside and then got to spend sometime with my little star!!!

At the min I am loving being a mummy but it is still very nerve racking!! he is not feeding lots only an once at a time so I have to feed him every 2 hrs and he isnt waking for the feeds but they say it might be the pethidine!

Hope I havent scared anyone with my story!!! :wink:

This is me and my little boy.... (looking a bit less tired then the last pics!! hehe)

Keely xxxxxx

aww congrats he is gorgeous!! and you look very fresh for just having a baby!!

I am not even going to attempt a birth as natrual as possible i think you did well just having what you did,..i will have a tens strapped to me, gas and air securly clamped in my mouth and im sure il get through a good lot of pethidine and an epidural lol..im such a weakling, so well done you did really good!!

and for not going into theatre for the placenta very well done :D

Enjoy mummy life!!!
cas x

Congratulations & well done keely :D :dance: :clap:

When i was in the ward recovering i heard a lady having a baby... omg it scared me so much lol sounds like you didnt have an easy time of it but i suppose its all worth it now :D :D

Welcome to the world Ellis :D hes such a little cutie and you look great!!

Congratulations again... :D sooo happy for you... i knew you would have him when i wasnt here lol hope you're enjoying being a mummy... i am :D

xxxxxxx

A huge congratulations Keely........he is so cute, lovely name too!!!!

Amy xx

Awww well done hun

He looks gorgeous, can't wait to see more pics :)

Ouch!

Congratulations, he's beautiful and you're looking great!!!

well done keely :)

so you agree with me and there is no pain that comes close to giving birth lol. :shock:
2nd time is usually faster though.

Dior was the same only 1oz of milk so i had to feed every 2 hrs and she wpouldnt wake so i used to have to set my arlam every 2hrs even through the night as she was so light aswell

and by the time they are fed winded nappy changed its been nearly a hr :roll: so tiring but gets much better...

soooo happy for you :D

love his name hes a cutey :angel:

congratulations keely and welcome to the world baby Ellis :clap: :clap:

Xxx

Well done Keely, that sounded very traumatic at times for you. You did so well.

You look fab as well.

It is nerve wracking dealing with a new born, Isaac is only 5 weeks old and already it feels like we've had him forever. It'll soon all feel totally natural for you and the nerves will go.

ouch, im going to book an elective c section now!! ahha ;)

well done hunny on ur gorgeous lil man xxx

ouch.. appreciate your honesty thou! so you thought the gas n air was crap! i'm hoping that and tens works for me.. didn't realise it could make you sick...

what did you little fella weigh? you look so natural - like you've been a mum for ever... and what are you like in the little satin number... what hapened to the big sports bra...

Oh and you can relax and enjoy a drink on your birthday now! hope he starts feeding a little more for you or you'll be in no state to go out...

congratulations :clap: and well done!

x

Well done keely & ellis! :dance:

Congrats hope you enjoy being a mummy! it's the best feeling in the world! :dance: :dance:

hayley said:
what did you little fella weigh? you look so natural - like you've been a mum for ever... and what are you like in the little satin number... what hapened to the big sports bra... x

He was 7pound 9 hayley .... PMSL about the satin number!!!! its just some jersey pjs from primark!!! haha ... thought they would be comfy for breastfeeding, even though it only lasted 2 days!

Dionne .... OMG you are right child birth is HORRIBLE can beleive you got preg again so quick!!! I would be sh*tting myself!! hehe xxxx

Congratulations!!! :dance:

He's a little cutie. You look great too :D

Well done!!!!

I agree you look fab. I looked like drgu addict for about 3 weeks after :rotfl:

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members