Birth Plan!

AndreaJayne

Reaction score
Has anyone done their's yet? If so what should it include, my midwife hasn't mentioned this to me yet and feel I want to get it ready sooner rather than later but not sure where to start! xxxxx

I haven't bothered as it will all go to tit on the day anyways

I had one with my son, but then I had to be induced so it went out the window and then most that could go wrong did so this time i have no birth plan lol will just go with the flow!!

I've told my hubby my birth plan it's not a complicated one

1. To be flexible- get as far as I can on gas/air/pethidine injection then if I want an epidural GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

2. If I need a csection- go with it (dr will know what's best I trust for me & little one)

3. Don't tell anyone I am in labour.

When it comes to pain relief and birthing positions I'm going with the flow, but have answered yes to the placenta injection and Albert's vitamin K injection. Those are the only two I have set in stone tbh xxxxxxxx

When I asked my Midwife about a birth plan...she basically laughed and said "really?!"

She said there's really not a lot of point in putting much into a birth plan because at the end of the day how many births actually go to plan and how much can you really predict? Which of course it true so rather than getting your hopes up or planning exactly what you want...stay more open minded about it all but of course feel free to make a list of things that you would of course like to do or follow through on and to reiterate to the Midwives in the moment so they can do their best to follow what you want. But basically don't panic about not having a set birth plan. I have found this one less thing to worry about useful because I thought it was something I needed, but I wouldn't want to be disappointed if things didn't go the way I planned.

xx

My birth plan is "do what I'm told" - I've never been in labour and I don't know what the heck I should be doing at what time, or how I will cope! The only thing I am wary of is anything that will make me puke, like gas and air, as I do not have the strongest stomach. Everything else I will leave up to the midwife on the day...

my first birth plan with my daughter didnt go to plan i wanted a water birth with gas n air, i couldn't have a water birth in the end as i nearly passed out. this one is just gas n air and hopefully if i dont want to pas out will go for water birth. x

im gonna take it as it comes x

As others have said dont worry too much I only had vit k and assisted placenta delivery. I wanted a water birth but the pool hadnt finished filling and he was born. Just make sure you know ur pain relief options and then you can decide on the day.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I'm taking it as it comes but have said I want the vit k injection for bean plus placenta injection for me. I have written that I would like to avoid a forceps delivery unless absolutely necessary for the safety of me and baby but that's just something personal to me. other than that it's been left open - i've told hubby what I want in terms of pain relief - basically try to do it just gas and air but if I ask for the drugs - I want the drugs!! Lol!

What are the options for delivering the placenta? I thought it would just come out with the baby but have heard about these injections - what does that do?? x

If you have the injection the placenta delivers within 15 mins of giving birth and can avoid haemorrhage. Or you can go for a natural second stage where you wait to naturally deliver the placenta which can take longer. I think there are pros and cons for each so down to personal choice and worth reading up on xx

i had the injection with my daughter came out in a few minutes, i am considering it again with this one x

I'm not doing one... I'll just go with the flow

The only thing I do want is a water birth but the midwife said u just request that once u go in..x

yeah or if you know your in full labour before you get there ring and they will have it ready for you its what i did x

The placenta can take up to 5 hours to deliver unassisted my mw said and the longer it takes the higher the risk of haemorrage. Would rather it come out when I am deliriously happy looking at my baby than wait around for it or risk anything going wrong

I spent ages writting a birth plan ... we forgot to take it with us in the end and just as well because I did/had the complete opposite to what I wrote down lol x

I wrote a lovely birth plan an the midwife completely ignored it and everything went tits up and I had the complete opposite birth. I can't bring myself to look at the birth plan now so next time I wouldn't bother.

Let your birthing partner know what you want (really drill it into them lol) and just go with the flow. Better to feel a bit more flexible ad relaxed I reckon.

I was quite flexible when writing it and it did help being flexible. I wanted vit K injetion -re placenta injection I wasnt sure but if there are interventions, you are more likely to haemmorage so I said do what you think is right. I did have one and glad I did cause I lost 700 ml of blood anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back