Birth plan question

mermaid

Reaction score
Did any of you girls include worries and concerns such as phobias in your birth plan? I feel daft writing this in but want staff to be sympathetic towards my fears if you know what I mean lol!

I have written on mine that I am scared of the thought of pethedine, as Iam terrified of feeling out of control....

not bothering with with a birth plan as i feel labour to be to unpridictable.
im just gonna go with the flow.

if you put it in at least the midwife knows how you feel about labour and will probably try more to reassure you etc, i would put in it if theres anything you really dont want to happen etc, they might let you do other things for longer ie if you really wanted to avoid a ventouse give you longer to push etc, than if you didnt say anything and just worried about it yourself.

my birthplan stated ''...gas and air only, no other pain relief, absolutely no epidural, not even if i begged...''

i had everything! even asked for a section :lol:

i say go with the flow

Ebony_Mommy said:
my birthplan stated ''...gas and air only, no other pain relief, absolutely no epidural, not even if i begged...''

i had everything! even asked for a section :lol:

i say go with the flow

I agree go with the flow lol I was so strict in my birth plan and it all went out the window, after 17hrs of labour i had everything apart from a c sec which by the time I was pushing at 7 cms I wanted one then!

Tho instead of a birth plan maybe still write down your concerns and just put on the top FAO MIDWIFE or something like that so who ever looks after you reads it and keep copies in your pregnancy care book.

I am keeping an open mind as I have never given birth before but I'm determined to have the birth as natural as possible and not to have any unnecessary intervention! I think the birth plan will give the midwife an idea of who I am.

Just to divert a little, I watched a birth video earlier and saw an episiotomy performed. BOY, I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE HAVING ONE OF THOSE LOL! :talkhand:

I wrote a birth plan but was open minded about it all as I knew anything could happen & I wouldn't know how I would feel at the time. I did say I wanted this & that if poss. tho like DH to cut the cord etc.
The midwife said to me its best to have an open mind. Believe me when you're in that much pain everything tends to go out the window!!

The m/w will be sympathetic to your fears, don't forget they have seen it all before many many times over. Don't worry about it.

I don't think anybody even looked at mine. While it's comforting to think that you've put something in place before labour, mine wasn't worth the paper it was written on. :?

mermaid said:
I watched a birth video earlier and saw an episiotomy performed. BOY, I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE HAVING ONE OF THOSE LOL! :talkhand:

after 17hrs of labour, your babys head is stuck and you need a ventouse, you will let anything happen to you to get that baby out, lol hun your in that much pain you dont feel it!

:D

I never wrote one, but while i was in labour the MW pretty much asked me what i wanted, but hun keep a open mind :hug:

i can remember the mwasking if i wanted Alice to have a vit k ijection(im sure it was in my notes that she had to have it cause of the oc). i shouted out that i would have anything and everything :) i didn' want pethadine and ended up having 3lots :)

i agree... i found it easier to go with the flow. :hug:

mermaid said:
Just to divert a little, I watched a birth video earlier and saw an episiotomy performed. BOY, I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE HAVING ONE OF THOSE LOL! :talkhand:

where did u see that?!!!

(sorry i'm just noseying round tri 1 and tri 3.)

I downloaded it trixipaws, but I wouldn't advise anybody to watch it. It scared the hell out of me!!!

I'm not bothering with a birth plan either. If there was something i was really stongly against i'd write that down but i'm not. I'm quite happy to go with the flow cos you never know whats going to happen. I was terrified of having a cathater in but i had one put in twice when i was in labour with Aimee and i didn't even notice. I was told after.

Videos - Look on youtube.com has everything under the sun!

Birthplan, I'm going with the flow EXCEPT they must wash their hands on entering the room. The hospital has a bad record of MRSA and has like 1 star or something. I work in a 3 star hospital which is also a centre of excellence and I know MRSA is bad there as is infections. My ward has been closed over a week with novovirus with staff and patients coming down with it. Ive seen some shoddy hygiene practices there hence my understandable paranoia towards a poorer performing hospital!

I have no idea what to write on mine, I think it may go something like this

DRUGS - ALL OF THEM, GIMME, GIMME, GIMME
OH - When I punch him in the face for doing this to me please bring my father in to drag him out the room and my mother so I have someone else to abuse while in agony
AFTER - Have Alcohol on Ice please

DONE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back