Birth partner

indie78

Reaction score
Im a bit short of one!
OH last night basically said he doesnt want to be at the birth
my sister lives in sheffield, Im in essex, best mate in norwich and they are the 2 people i would want with me. just too far away
my mums only 45 mins away but think she would drive me mad
i dont really know what to do!

Sweetheart, any reason your OH said he didnt want to be there?

I wouldnt be able to keep my OH away!

he says its the whole seeing me in pan, not being bale to do much, episiotomies etc etc
said he "feels obliged to be there"

I dont know what to say then, Huge Cuddles.... :hug: He may change is mind?

maybe- but the whole "obliged to be there" statement has got to me a bit!
he did try and u-turn but now i know he doesnt want to be there i am not sure i want him there even if he does say he wants to as Im not sure I will believe him!

Oh sweetheart i can understand that, im sure once the time comes things will just happen?!?!??! Sorry im really bad with adivce!!!! :oops: :lol:

im sure nearer the time he may come round :hug:

do u know anyone who has had a baby where their OH has been at birth maybe they could talk to ur OH?? :hug: :hug:

aww hun could you not ask another family memeber? like your dad? or sisiter, i hope your oh changes his mind :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

chezzabell said:
im sure nearer the time he may come round :hug:

do u know anyone who has had a baby where their OH has been at birth maybe they could talk to ur OH?? :hug: :hug:

sure youre right and he will end up there and proabably be fantastic!

big part of the problem is he spoke to someone, another guy, who told him this big horror story which completely freaked him out and i think genuinely scared him. he's talked to other friends OHs who have been there but you know what its like, its the bad story thats stuck in his mind!

at end of day if it really comes to it I'll just have to ask my Mum

thanks ladies

:D

I was in the same boat as you hun :hug: OH was finding the whole idea totally petrifying ... then his brother actually brought up the subject !! He was at the birth of all 5 of his children and convinced him it's something he will never forget and spoke about it with such enthusiasm that now he seems much less scared..... hope you are as lucky and he changes his mind :hug: :hug: but even if not, at the end, the most important thing is that he is present in the child's life after all and that you know you can ask your mother to be there and probably she'll just be really supportive.

Can't your oh at least be at the hospital in the next room and then maybe he might feel he can come in and see you maybe closer to the birth? He can always stay at your head end :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back