birth certificates

trixipaws

Reaction score
my boyf is changing his surname, we hav the deed poll documents all paid for n ready to sign, but he's hesitant to do it yet as he's applied for another job within his company in his birth surname, and is worried if he changes it and is successful in his application, the place may be 'lost' because no person of that name exists there any more. so, he wants to delay it a few weeks til he finds out either way.

this is fine, but i'm thinking if the baby arrives before then, wont we hav to use one of our birth surnames and then hav to mess about changing the babys surname too? or can u give a baby any surname does it not hav to be the mother's or father's? (i mean obviously eventually she WILL have her fathers but perhaps not for one or two weeks)

anyone kno? :think:

He shouldnt have a problem changing his name at work if its by deedpoll, he should contact his HR department and ask them, but it really shouldnt be a problem.

As for giving the baby any name, I know you can choose either your or your partners surname, but im not sure about just using any name, but you should be able to check with the registry office you intend to use.

Good luck!

In the UK your baby's surname can be yours, the dads or a combination of the two i believe.

You'd have to change baby by deed poll if its registered before the dad changes and you want to use that name. You still have same NI number and are traceable as your deed will say what you were formerlly known as. Changed mine twice and also been married so Ive had 4 names :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back