Big clot?

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Just been to the toilet and passed a clot about the size of a golf ball. I've had mild period pain for a few days. It looked like part of the placenta?! It was red,purple and tissue like! I'm a bit freaked out as I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding 2 years ago and this is how it started! I'm waiting for NHS 24 to call me back because the gp is closed for a training afternoon. Anyone else had something similar? Really don't want to go into hospital :/ or even have to get checked out!

No advice hun i was told to call delivery if i passed lots of golfball sized clots are you still under mw ?

I had some pretty big clots but was still in hospital so asked mw there so no advice sorry Hun xx

No unfortunately I'm under the health visitor now and don't have any notes with the labour ward number on them. It's a bit of a pest cos if I need to go and get checked or admitted Emily will need to go to my mum and step dads and I think my mum will be annoyed :( I'm a bit worried waiting for them to call back cos I feel a bit dizzy :( probably more freaked out because of what happened before where I passed out and needed blood transfusions. Don't need this especially when I live alone with a baby!

Emily can probably come in with you hun go through hospital switchboard they should be able to put you through delivery x

Thanks Jaz, jodie what dis the mw say when you asked?

i had a massive clot about the size of a chicken breast and that looked like a piece of liver...

with my first pregnancy i got this about 10 days after giving birth... 2nd pregnancy it was about 24 hours after giving birth...

i rang the labour hotline and they said it was completely normal and as long as it's not accompanied by bright red fresh bleeding (and lots of bleeding) then it's normal. they say that all the blood pools in the bottom of your womb and then as your womb contracts back to it's normal size it sort of pushes up and out this pooled blood from the bottom of your womb.

that said, I would definately check if I were you especially with your history of uterine bleeding.

it's really scary when you pass something that size though isn't it... i thought it was part of the placenta but it turned out to be very clotted blood... it was solid though.

i would ring the local labour ward and get hold of a midwife there to ask if you don't hear back from NHS... or even as well as waiting for them x x x

Treeze that's reassuring to hear! I haven't had anymore thankfully. When the bleed started before there was heaps of them so not having anymore is a good sign. It's so weird that they never found out why it happened before, it was scary though! Yep think I'll call the switchboard and ask to speak to the labour ward. X

I had a massive clot come out after charley. Your meant to tell your doc/hv if it's bigger than a golf ball which mine was but I never told anyone apart from the girls on here and I was fine x x

if it is the same thing that i had you'll probably find your bleeding slows right down now... both midwives i told about my clot said that it almost signals the end of your heavy bleeding and that things slow right down after that.

i hope that's what it is for you - the labour hotline assured me that if it was hemorrhage bleeding or anything dangerous it would be very heavy bright red bleeding immediately after passing a clot etc.
let us know how you get on x x x

Thanks girls! I was due to get down there checked on Friday but I've to go tomorrow to the maternity ward. The midwife said it wasn't normal!? But I'm not passing anymore clots or bleeding heavily. We're now up staying at my parents I was just concerned if anything happened and I was on my own. Will update tomorrow
X

I lost 2 massive clots whilst still in hospital which the mw said wasn't normall But everything was ok, i lost Another one about 10 days after giving birth a bit bigger than a golf ball i was still under mw care and she said Aslong as i didn't loose bright red blood it was ok. hope everything is ok tomorrow Hun :hugs: xx

Thanks Zoe and Treeze, haven't had anymore clots or any bleeding. At least I'll get checked tomorrow :)

All is fine :) The doc also said he didn't think I'll need surgery and that down there is still a bit raw (hence the pain) but that it will heal eventually! HURRAH! :dance::lol:

Wow that's fab news pinky! My huge clot was examined and found to contain a small bit of the placenta but no other complications followed and everything was fine xx

so pleased for everything is ok for you hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back