Huge clot!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Ive just been walking back from school and felt a gush down below which isn't uncommon when I'm walking but when I went to the loo, I had the biggest clot ive ever seen on my pad! It was dark red and about 3 inchs long!!
Since having charley, I haven't bled alot only when I've been busy or rushing about but haven't had any clots!
Is it normal to have a clot this big?

I had a huge one and I felt it come out when I was doing the dishes :shock: felt awful! They say as long as it's no bigger than a golf ball then it's fine.

It was longer than a golf ball but not as thick! It was gross, felt like I'd wet myself! Luckily I was about 20 meters away from my house! I can't wait to stop bleeding!

I would mention it to you midwife/gp/hv, whoever is seeing you just now. I was told no bigger than a 50p which I suppose is golf ball size. After 9 months without a period the bleeding really hits you eh, hope it goes soon!!

It was def bigger than a 50p, prob the size of my index finger!! When is the bleeding supose to stop? I'm so glad asda has an offer on sanitary towels ATM cos I'm going through them so quick!!

My bleeding stopped when drake was nearly 4 weeks. Had nooki and started bleeding again!!! Still going strong now, really heavy with little clots too. Is this normal?

I thought it only lasts about 4 weeks! I can't wait to have nooki again but if it makes you bleed again then I'll wait abit longer lol

hey girls, i lost a few clots after having my bubs, felt awful looked even worse! i think between 4-8 weeks is normal for post bleeding (i was in the unusual lot still bleeding almost 14 weeks later)..... i hope it stops for you girls soon!!

xxx

If you have one that big go to tour doctors and get antibiotics!!! I have had an infection after all three kids and after waking up in a pool of blood from my knees to my elbows with my first I would never have waited again I got an infection this time round too it's clots no bigger than a 50p piece hunni I caught the bleeding early this time and have just had brown discharge for a week now where as I bled for 6 weeks straight with my other two! And yes anywhere upto 6 weeks is normal xxxx (I asked my mw it's 2-6wks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wouldnt worry chaz. i had a huge 1! way bigger than a golf ball. i rang MAU and they said it was just normal. frightened me to death though

I know it's gross but any clots bigger than a 50p piece should be kept and shown to a MW/GP. Sometimes it can be retained product (placenta) and can lead to nasty infection. I bled for 9 weeks after I had Lucas and 6 weeks after Jacob. It's a nightmare, I hate bleeding and periods etc, it's not nice xx

That's what I had with bella after birth in me Sokol painful when I let it spiral out of control xx

i had a cloth last night, it was like a orange slice, i ran n woke my mum up showing her but she said it was normal. Perhaps not what she wanted to see but hey.. :D

Sorry for tmi but it's not smelly down there and ice not bled heavy just had this big clot so hoping it's not an infection. I was worried about it being part of the placenta cos I had that with Lacey and it wasn't nice.
Ive been having plain baths since birth cos I'm worried using bubble baths will cause an infection but my hv said I only grazed so should be fine!

Just use salt hunni can't hurt to be extra careful and it helps heal the graze really good I had loads of sail baths immune first week and a half an my body (apart from the brown discharge that's refusing to stop lol) feels like I had chloé over six months ago now and I swear the salt baths really helped xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back