Anyone ever had a large clot?

LouiseB

Reaction score
Hiya ladies :)

I'm cd 3 today but on cd 1 i found a clot that was the size of my thumb nail and half as thick.

I don't recall having a clot that big before and it had a weird pale sinewy line across it that was thicker the the middle than at the ends.

The rest of it was really dark red and it was very dense.

I was just wondering how it compared to the clots that some of you might have had :oooo:

hi lou! i have had this once - i remember it well cause it freaked the hell out of me cause i was only 17. it was the size of half a turkish delight bar! - i cant think of anything else to describe it as sorry!! i asked my doc and as ever helpful as the nhs are he told me it was just one of those things - a heavy build up of tissue all clumped together. I knew it wasnt preg related as i had my V plates at the time.

cant really help anymore sorry - it was so scary though, tmi, i felt something odd,so went to the loo and there it was sittin on the pad, like a big chunk of liver :sick:

if its concerning you ask your doc perhaps?

I've had this a couple of times, freaked me out first time too. It tends to happen to me after really long cycles.

Thanks girlies :)

It was only a 27 day cycle and i'm not exactly concerned, it was just unexpected and then started wondering if it meant anything - like pregnancy (which i have now discounted) or if it might relate to these immune tests i'm waiting for the result for or whatever :oooo:

Also, i normally get constipated before AF and then loosen up a lot and that hasn't happened this time. I just stayed constipated and haven't been properly to the toilet for about 2 weeks so i even took a herbal laxative this morning :shock:

I have had clots this size before, especially when I had a chemical pregnancy.

I am sure there's nothing to worry about x

lol iibt :)

I've been eating well recently so don't feel half as bloated as i normally do ;)

i had mega large clots last month all preg tests said neg so i know it wasnt anything to do with bein preg mine were the size of a big 50p piece and i had more than one my AF was only very light and i suppose instead of blood thats how i shed my lining x

I think I used to in my pre pill days when my AF's were pretty heavy. I think it is fairly normal as long as it doesn't happen all the time. Love the comparison to liver though hehe xxx

I used to have them a lot as a teenager before the pill.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back