Big bub little bub ffs! *Updated*

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Grrrr so went to see consultant todAY, again about my measurements which last tine were only a week ahead, now apparently I am measuring 45 weeks

i had to have a randomm blood test for diabetes and got ANOTHER growth scan tommow...

They keep trying to worry me, if things are positive i might have to have an induction which will fook with my water birth.

I even asked the middy there and she said im not big for my weeks, AND a midwife at a bbq guess how many weeks i was spot on.

They keep dissing baby Hay saying he gonna be a porker :(

Steelgoddess said:
Grrrr so went to see consultant todAY, again about my measurements which last tine were only a week ahead, now apparently I am measuring 45 weeks

i had to have a randomm blood test for diabetes and got ANOTHER growth scan tommow...

They keep trying to worry me, if things are positive i might have to have an induction which will fook with my water birth.

I even asked the middy there and she said im not big for my weeks, AND a midwife at a bbq guess how many weeks i was spot on.

They keep dissing baby Hay saying he gonna be a porker :(

listen - STOP worrying!!!
no one knows what size the baby is until it pops out.
Just relax.

I know... :oops:

Its just everytime i get all geared up and stress/worry free they worry me...

Im gonna not worry...

Jack was 9lb 14oz and he was early...no one ever even said he was going to be big, was only measuring spot on dates or a week ahead at each check, and that was different with different MWs/DRs :roll:

God knows what size he would have been if I had reached my EDD...or gone over! :shock: At the same time, my friend was being told her baby was going to be HUGE and she would need to be induced. She had her little girl 8 days after me weighing 8lbs 2oz! Hardly huge!

Try not to worry hun, they hardly ever seem to get it right :roll: :hug:

Mine started going off the chart at 28 weeks, she always measures big on her growth scans, and everytime the midwifes feel me they say oh thats a big one! my fundal height yesterday was 44cm.

I wouldnt worry hun about the GD as if you had it you would be getting glucose in your urine samples,

I wanted a home birth and no intervention and what am i getting - induction tomorrow!

I wouldnt worry too much about the whole waterbirth thing as some women get in and decide they dont like it anyway, :hug:

they did the same with me for all mine.
with my first they told me i was having a hippo sized baby and she was 7 and half pound. They told me my second was a small baby and she was 9 pound.
with mt last two i didn't even ask. Even with my last who was 10 pound and i was the size of a whale i didn't care.
Thing is steel goddess there is nothing you can do about it. You have to trust your body. If you are having a big baby then chances are you will birth it fine. If you are having a big baby and your body isn;t equipped for it then things will show in early labour or before and you will be given different options then.
Best thing i can advise is waiting and see how you go. Just go with the flow. Try not to be induced or poked about with even if you go two weeks late just leave it and go with it. Trust your body

They are just using scare tactics! It's unfair, especially for a first-timer. God knows how many times i was told i'll be having a tiny baby and i'm too small. At 41 weeks i was only measuring 35, i was gonna have a 6lber! She weighed 8lb 3oz! They have no idea!

Ive been advised Im having an 11 LBer if she goes to term from several growh scans :shock:

At first it scared me to death but depending on which health professional I speak to they either state that its fact and will happen or reassure me that just an educated gues..nice to have consistant opinions :roll:

My DS was supposed to be massive according to MW feeling my bump (no growth scans last time) and he came out 5Lb 11oz, lots of people reassured me with this LO scan predictions and plenty of women on here had stories of predicted large babies who came out tidgy.

Join my club of ignoring the doom sayers, theres nothing we can do but wait and see.

On the plus side I have heard many a time its easier to push a big baby than a little one out. Please NOBODY quote me on here and say thats not true..I need hope even if it is poppycock!! :D

With Lucy I was told she was going to be fairly small! She was 8lbs 9oz which IMO isnt fairly small!
They told my sis that her LO was very small and induced her 3 weeks early! She was about 7lbs! Not small at all especially for 3 weeks early!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

See babe! Reading all the replies they can NEVER be sure...

I've known people who have been HUGE and have gone over so far that they've had to be induced, despite measuring at like 46 weeks or something!!

It has NO indication on when he'll arrive and NO indication of how much he'll weight, it's all estimates (and we all know they're very rarely right!)

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow, try to see it as an extra chance to see your gorgeous lil man :D xx

thanks everyone, ou're right, even if he is a biggen im not gonna care and i DONT want an induction unless i go way over...

Heres to a hope of a natural birth and me getting to see the big lad again on the big screen yah!!! lol!

xxx :hug:

:hug: They don't know a thing when it comes to how big or small he will be. I'm quite glad the midwifes here seem to be pretty aware of the fact they cant tell so they don't say a thing. All she has said is "it will be a nice size for you and your OH" thats as much as she will go into it and they have only measured me once. And anyways if hes a biff or tiny he will be yours and he will be perfect!xx

Nicki's right hun, and besides, he might do what HideiLu's Jack did and TOTALLY disagree with them all and arrive early anyway before they get chance to do anything about it :shakehead: :cheer:

I reckon baby Jack decided he was pissed off with how upset his Mummy was getting and just thought "fuck this, I'm breaking free myself mate" and *POP* went her waters! :D

x

:rotfl:
dannii87 said:
Nicki's right hun, and besides, he might do what HideiLu's Jack did and TOTALLY disagree with them all and arrive early anyway before they get chance to do anything about it :shakehead: :cheer:

I reckon baby Jack decided he was p*ssed off with how upset his Mummy was getting and just thought "f**k this, I'm breaking free myself mate" and *POP* went her waters! :D

x

Lol!!
Yah maybe he'll pop out and wee all over them mooohahahaaa!

dannii87 said:
You sexy mama in your new pic!! :shock: :cheer: Twit Twoo Mrs! :D xx

yeah its one from my makeup collection i just to do different eyeshadow looks lol!!

Well after ll the hoohaa booba had scan and bubba is fine, tummy is a wee bit bigger but thats fine bloods were fine too and she estimated baby to weigh 8lbs! OH wow shock horror its so big and awful!!! :doh: :roll:

Well at least i know baby is happy and healthy
and i always said he had a big bubba belly bless him!!

:cheer:

8lb already you lucky devil my tj was 8lb 1 1/2oz at 40 wks, doesnt look like you will need a lot of newborn clothes then x x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back