For those measuring big/small

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to pop on to tri 3 to give some words of comfort to anyone concerned because they are measuring big/small either on scans or on fundal height.

As many of you know, I was having growth scans and Ella was always measuring very small and when she was born at 36 weeks she only weighed 4lb 12oz, however, I had the health visitor around on Friday and Ella now weighed 6lb 8oz at 39 weeks gestation which I was told means that had she gone full term she would certainly have been over 7lb which is considered a very healthy weight.

I guess the message I want to give people is not to get too stressed unnecessarily (like I did) if told that bub is big/small because from what I have seen/heard/experienced it rarely results in a genuine issue and if you think about it, only 1% of babies will measure at the average 50th percentile and 99% will measure bigger or smaller than the 'average'.

Wishing you all the best for the remainders of your pregnancies. xx

i agree, she is so photo genic :D also thanks for making me feel abit better.. they are convincing me im going to push out a chunky monkey.. but all they ever say is ''estimated weight'' so i wont take it to procise x

Thanks guys- yep, the estimated weight is just that, estimated. x

Thanks Anne, that brings a lot of relief..my bubba is measuring big and everybody keep telling me that how will you go for natural birth or seems he will come early but your feedback is very assuring..:) Thanks..

im the same anna i got growth scans all the way through they says my boy was going to be really small he ended up 7lb 7 oz it just shows you they do get it wrong lol.

im measuring small they reackon baby will be between 5 to 6lb. you have reassured me alot hun thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back