big baby :-(

emmie

Reaction score
I had my 31 week appointment today (with a new midwife) and i am now measuring 34 weeks :( but she did seem to measure alot lower down than my other midwife did. Now i am really worried i am going to have a giant baby i am a plus size girl but i am tall, also my husband is really really tall, could this just mean that baby is really long or just big all over? i am panicing now :( got another appointment in 3 weeks time so will be interesting to see what happens then.

I shouldn't worry about it too much hun big babies often level themselves out, and big babies doesn't always mean your going to have any harder a labour !

i always measured a month ahead, had a growth scan at 38 weeks and he measured 8lb 5. they left me 10days late and he was 10lb 7.5oz. 2hour labour so not too bad. My husband is 6ft 6, im 5ft 4. good luck, you'll be fine, it may be a lot of water xx

I'm a plus size girl too and I'd been measuring 2 - 3 weeks ahead on my growth chart since about 25 weeks or so. Based on that the MW was predicting a baby of about 10lbs at birth.... :?

I was finally sent for a growth scan at 38 weeks and the babies estimated weight at that time was 7lb 1oz with a predicted full term weight of 8 - 8.5lbs which isn't too bad at all.

I think most of the extra cm's are my fat belly becasue the fluid around the baby is perfectly normal etc but they don't take your own flesh into account when they take the measurement

:hug:

I don't really have an advise but didn't want to read and run. Have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Chrissy1 said:
I'm a plus size girl too and I'd been measuring 2 - 3 weeks ahead on my growth chart since about 25 weeks or so. Based on that the MW was predicting a baby of about 10lbs at birth.... :?

I was finally sent for a growth scan at 38 weeks and the babies estimated weight at that time was 7lb 1oz with a predicted full term weight of 8 - 8.5lbs which isn't too bad at all.

I think most of the extra cm's are my fat belly becasue the fluid around the baby is perfectly normal etc but they don't take your own flesh into account when they take the measurement

:hug:

thats reasusuring thanks hun hopefully i am the same, i asked at the first masuring would me being a bigger girl make any difference and she said no which i didnt understand how it couldnt. I could cold live with a 8.5 lb baby even a 9lb but dont fancy anything over 10lb lol
:rotfl:

I was told I was having a big/long baby and at one of my last appointments by 2 seperate mws and even said baby had a big head :shock: . In fact she was 7lb and quite petite with a small head. She's growing now to make up for it :D . I wouldn't worry until the time comes.

well i suppose if i measure big again next time on the 3rd of november i will get to see my baby again with a growth scan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back