BF in public

keli

Reaction score
Just wanted to know about BF in public and the law... is it ok just to feed anywhere? Say if im having a meal can i just wip a boob out and feed my little boy? :) xx

As far as i know there is no law against it. A baby has as much right to eat when they need it as we do. Just coz we don't opt for bottles. I was so scared of BF! I'm very shy and didn't think i could do it. But if she's hungry, i'll sit on a bench in town and feed her. Just don't like some of the disgusted looks from passers-by! But restaurants shouldn't be a problem at all. I got given a list by my HV of places people have tried it and what reaction they've got. Really was helpful back then. But now i have the confidence to try it anywhere. I was in Toys R Us the other day and she was hungry so whipped it out and fed as i was walking round! I've done it hile eating an Italian once! People don't really notice.

there is no law against feeding your child anywhere, but there is no law like in Scotland where it is an offence to ask a breastfeeding mumtostop. Therefore you could theoretically be asked to stop by the cafe owner if they objected to it. However this is very rare. I have breastfed everywhere and never been asked not to.I have had an occasional bad look, more so with Seren but I think that is because now, with 2 screaming kids, I have such a pissed off look "and don't mess with me" aura that most people give me a wide berth :)

ask at your local bf support group, they should have a list of bf friendly places if it worries you :)

Like beanie said there isn't a law like Scotland yet but i've never been asked to stop by a member of staff.

I just feed Lola anywhere, I've fed her walking around asda before and do get dirty looks sometimes but that's there problem not mine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back