Being induced on Thursday - Positive induction experiences required please!!!

nutskim

Reaction score
Hi girls!
I'm 38+6 today and been to hosp for another growth this morning scan as bubs (belly) is measuring small (33)!! Its been at 33 for last week and half or so.
Whilst there they gave me an internal and sweep, measuring 1cm and she said cervix is already softening. Now bleedin abit but I guess thats normal...usually bleed after a smear anyways!!
So... anyone else been induced.... positive experiences only please ladies as sh1tting myself is hardly touches how I feel right now :0(
Kim x

hi i was induced nearly 14yrs ago, so not sure how its changed now, but from everything i remember it was ok, they broke my waters in the morning, and about 2 hrs later hooked me up to the drip, i remember the contraction coming on in nice slow waves, about 2pm they turned the drip up as i have only opened up to 3cm, the contraction started coming more faster and a bit more painful, i had gas and air. around 6pm i ended up with the epi. i was slow at opening up hence the epi so i could have a little sleep lol, round 10:30pm i was told to start pushing at 11:10pm i give birth to my son weighing 8lb 6oz.
no real horror or anything, pretty straight forward. How this help you hun x

I was induced at 37 weeks and when I went in my cervix wasent favourable at all, I was in there for the long slog was told could take upto 3 days and was my first. Anyway they inserted the pessary at 3pm (didnt hurt) and was left too it, the main advice I can give you is keeping walking up and down the corridors etc thats what I did, anyway my contractions started at 1am that morning and then by 11am i had her in my arms. Mine was quick I was really worried about being strapped to the bed to be monitored but that didnt happen yes was monitored but left to do my own thing. What bit about it is scaring you the most? I was scared at going into labour and my OH not being allowed to be there but you just get on with it and I didnt even have any pain relief!! XX

heyyy girls :)

im pregnant with my second child !!!
with my first i got induced,,,
i was soooo scared but tbh its nothiing at all :)
in every hosp it is different :)
it makes it come quicker and my baby was fiine just hav plenty of drugs :) xxxxx
i got induced the day before my son was due and thanks to it he was born on his due date and he weighed 8 pound 6 ounces xxx

Last edited:
I had an amazing birth! I was induced because of the risk of pre eclampsia which was then diagnosed during labour!

I was induced at half 1 on the 17th nov - they inserted the pessary and my cervix was far forward and I was 1cm dilated already.

My contractions really started at half 1ish (am) on the 18th after having back ache and period pains half an hour after the pessary was put in.

I gave birth at 9:24am on the 18th!

Don't worry! I was bricking it before I went in but I really believe the induction helped speed my labour up!

I can't wait to give birth again!!!

Good luck xx

I was induced at 37 weeks! I had 3 lots of prostin over 24 hours then they broke my waters! And 45 mins later Lewis arrived!! Good luck with urs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back