Just a quick update on me :)

laura dec 1988

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Well iv not been on here in a few weeks as iv had so much going on. So just got into bed and thought i wud type a quick update and see if any more babies have arrived yet :) (Toon i hope Lucas hurries up hunni)

Anyway iv really been enjoying my time off work and im still classed as on hol at the moment and mat leave starts the 27th april!!!

So whats been going on...

I had my last growth scan last week :D thats my 4th one now. And Evie is defo a big baby....Bless her. Shes estimated at a weight of 5lbs at the mo lol fatty :D I'm 33 weeks nearly but measuring 38 weeks :eek: But the scan measurments confirmed her size. Got an appointment with the consultant at the hospital on the 7th of may as im now gettin induced, because of her size. I had a scan on my bits haha and they think if i went full term my body wud not be able to cope!! They sed its my choice wether im induced early or wether i have a c-section. I chose to be induced at 37 weeks....:roll: That now leaves me approx 4 weeks till shes here OMFG lol.

But sayin that....i had a show 2 days ago. Not my full plug but a lil bit of what i can only describe as snot lol sorry tmi, with a bit of watery:roll: blood in it was on the tissue when i wiped myself.....:eek: foned my midwife who sed not to worry at the min as i wasnt having any pains. Iv had a few niggles over the last few days though an Evie's head is so far down i feel like shes droppin out lol.

Sooo now its just the waiting game....will she come earlier....or will she stay till im induced who knows eh??

hope ur all well :D
xxxxx

p.s. Ria and Rachel....my hosp bag is done :) i actually nearly crapped myself when i had the show and i think it panicked me into getttin it done :)

God you've been busy!!!!
Aww you get to meet her early!!
How lovely!!!
Hope everything goes well!!!
xx

Wow you'll have you babe soon x Do yu have gestational diabeties or she just a biggy?

Wow a biggy eh, my last was born at 5 lb and 15 oz at 38 weeks , so shes on target to come early and save you some stitches !! Good luck, good you have your bag packed now!

No i dont have diabetes hunni, iv been tested for it twice now, its all com back fine, just a big baby. :) lol...Im a bit nervous but i kinda just want her here now...im fed up of been huge and uncomfy

xxx

Oo good luck Hun! My 2nd son was born 4 weeks early ( the day I turned 36 weeks I went into labour) at 6lb 11oz so they reckon he might have been a 9lb baby full term! I'm only 5ft so was kinda greatful he come early as I was struggling!

Again good luck to you, it's all so exciting!

awww i need to get a show now to panick me into doing hospital bag!! STILL not done it oops :oops:

good to hear everything is ok with you and babi is sooooooooo close now!!! bet you can't wait :O

sounds like you done the same as me - started holidays from 16th april - 18th may then my mat leave starts 18th may, it's soo good not having to work isn't it :D

i can't believe you had a show and how big she is.. i reckon she may make an early appearence if she's so low down! riley's quite low down atm but i think he has a bit of time left before i get any signs..!

being induced sounds better than getting a c section so yay!

what pain relief are you gonna do?

xxx

omggggg how have i missed this post hahah ?!
i am sooo excited for you, could possible have your evie before my LO :lol:
i've got my bags all done now too!!
i'm still showing bigger as well and people keep telling i look like i'm about to pop so i've rushed about and got my arse in gear just in case baby decides to come early haha!

I know rachel its mad, evie is gunna be here in like 2 weeks now :eek: iv just posted a new thread if u read that u'll get the full story chick. Seen the pic of ur bump...its fab :) wot r u measuring now?? i was 40 on tues hahah mad!!

glad u have ur bag done, mine is done and fastened up now, coz im sick of bloody changin stuff init haha

hope ur well
xxx

Ria im not sure about pain relief hun, gotta talk it threw with docs next fri...depends on the birth now, wot about you??

xx

what new thread is that rachel?

i don't know you know laura!!! i get frustrated when thinking about it, lol! like i would like a birth in the birthing pool maybe.. but i know i'm soo rubbish with pain so MAY opt for an epidural but i HATE neeedddlless aahhh!!

any updates on your this week laura?

i'll look through the threads today see what i've missed!

btw, half packed hopsital bag!! woop woop

xxx

i'm going to be going into a birthing pool if ones if available for just my labour :)

yeah, you can't book them.. but it's good 'cause it's like fate is telling you where to go next.. so if birthing pool availble, i'm in!! x

thing is in my maternity ward you don't have to pre book, if theres one free, you got it!
same with the new home away from home rooms, gunna nab one of them if it's free too ;)

I think every woman should have the option of a water birth, its really bad, my hospital only has one. Its really hard cos before I moved the hospital I was at had 1 pool to every 2 rooms so ti was highly likely they could find one for you if you wanted. Im using positive thinking lol and imagining the birth and me doing it, and I keep imagning myself in the pool. Im gonna be so gutted if I cant use it and Im worried it will really throw me!

aw same here tiny - it's so hard to imagine yourself isn't it?!?! but i'm the same, i imagine myself in the bath.. the only thing i'm embaressed about is that you may erm.. 'poo' and your birthing partner has to civ it out, lmao!! how embaressing would that be? i hope i empty my bowel that day!!! what was your previous hospital tiny? ours only has one too :cry:

it was university hospital wales. But it has quite a bad reputation so...

spoke to a women this morning who gave birth at my new hospital and she said she was told birthing pool is hardly ever used :confused:

oh well maybe you'll be in luck then!! :D have you wrote a birthing plan? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back