Being gawped at

Sherry

Reaction score
Went shopping yesterday and kept being stared at, I know it sounds weird. Its like now I have a big bump on me people just stare and do a double take and look me up and down. Mainly from women :?, Makes me feel like a bit of a freak. Its like they have never seen a pregnant woman (and they had kids with them lol). Maybe just being paranoid but I am not in a freakshow I just have someone growing in me.
Sounds mad reading this back and that I really am being paranoid. Going now before I go on :rotfl:

make the most of people gawping at you when you have your clothes ON and your leg together! !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: How true.
Next time it happens maybe I should :moon: , that will stop em gawping

i think sometimes other women just like to see pregnant women and thing arrrr i know i do, maybe your reading to much into it :hug:

I was at the theatre the other night and I was waiting at the bar to be served in the interval. This woman looked me up and down and gave me the filthiest look. I just looked at her back with the same manner. I felt like pointing out that the bar did serve non alcoholic drinks too. It made me angry cuz people automatically assume that youre there to drink.

it can be good or bad; some people look at me with one raised eyebrow i think coz i look very young for my age. but the fab thing is, since my bump appeared, i'v had the utmost respect from workmen- not a single whistle or comment! and they move out of my way on the pavement!

awww ladies enjoy it while it lasts.
I missed this part of my pregnany and always wanted people to notice i was pregnant but stranger never knew because i was pregnant over the winter and wore a huge parka coat and you couldnt see my bump :( . lol even when i was 8 months pregnant people didnt even realise i was pregnant :lol: .

I sometimes look at pregnant women around me when im with Evie and wonder if they are thinking 'oh that will be me in a few weeks/months time', lol especially when she is crying and they are probably wondering what they ahve got in store for them :rotfl: .

just wait till you have the baby, you still get people gawping at your pram and trying to see your baby especially from mums. :D

mary70 said:
i think sometimes other women just like to see pregnant women and thing arrrr i know i do, maybe your reading to much into it :hug:

I was gonna say the same thing. its nice to see a woman whos pregnant

Hi

I agree i always look at other pregnant ladies :) and of course babies too
Katrina

I am getting a bit paranoid about this too... I wore a t-shirt which I love the other day with "push to eject" in funky lettering across the front and I got so many dirty looks..... don't have to wear smock tops and dungarees just because I am pregnant!! Sod em!

hi :wave: (ex lurker)

smock tops and maternit jeans :x have i had enough of these already!!

least smock tops are kind of trendy this year I guess... I keep on thinking people are pregnant who aren't though, put my foot in it a couple of times. I also keep on picking up clothes in shops which I think are maternity and trying to try them on to find they are not.

got a nice white top a couple of days ago, and was sure it would fit over bump , didn't :( .....not bying anything else , only 7 or so weeks left, just wouldnt mind abit of that summerry feelin

topbird said:
least smock tops are kind of trendy this year I guess... I keep on thinking people are pregnant who aren't though, put my foot in it a couple of times. I also keep on picking up clothes in shops which I think are maternity and trying to try them on to find they are not.

I like the smock tops but cannot wear them because i have a H cup bust doubled with a big tummy, makes me look like a whale :x . Im wearing maternty t-shirts mostly

some women give me looks... and some women smile at me... but yeh it's mainly women who stare at you.

some boys would look at me from behind and beep then they see my bump and go on like i don't i'm not there :roll:

I've been getting a lot of gawps for the past few weeks. Even my partner notices them. To start off with i thought it was people wondering if i was pregnant or just fat, but now you can definately tell i'm pregnant.

I agree that i think people just like to see pregnant women and we will probably miss all the attention when our little ones are born.

Gem xx

I've had this a few times too and yes it does mostly seem women who stare.

I get it on the train sometimes when I get on and look around for a seat. People look then look away quickly. I guess in case I ask them to give up their seat!

Also, today at Asda I noticed a couple of women stared. I think it's because now I'm at the stage where there's no doubt I'm pregnant. I'd like to think (hope) they are staring and thinking "Ahh" not "Look at that old pregnant woman" :think:

Sabrina said:
I get it on the train sometimes when I get on and look around for a seat. People look then look away quickly. I guess in case I ask them to give up their seat!

I hate catching the tram and nobody gives up their seat. If i do get a seat i seem to be the only person on board who is kind enough to give it up to an eldely person. people are so ignorant its unbelievable :evil:

i always feel people are looking at me when im out with my little boy. he is onviously not that old and i look quite heavily pregnant. not that its any of their buisness when i have my children.

on the whole, i think its quite nice! dont kno if ppl would give their seats as havent used public transport but people hav held doors open for me and let me first in queues! i hav a small frame and look young so i think my huge belly must look too much for me and ppl feel sorry for me! i enjoy the attention i hope its the same when im an old lady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back