Being really silly and worrying myself...

hellywelly

Reaction score
Only because baby is normally very wiggly and is v quiet today. Stupid as I know they go through sleepy days. At what point should I be properly worried, rather than just being the paranoid idiot that I'm being at the moment??!!

Zoe said the mw told her any movement less than normal for ur baby (even if it's more than 10) to ring hospital for advice. Don't wanna scare u but it's worth giving them a call to see what they say x

Thanks for the advice. Baby normally goes a bit mad when I'm lying in bed so will have a good feel in a bit and if I'm not happy then I'll give them a ring in the morning. Might try the ice cold glass of water trick!!

my LO is usually quite active in the mornings but today she wasn't. I was prodding my belly trying to get her to move but she wouldn't and I started getting really worried. I've felt movement the rest of the day but just started panicking when I didn't get any reaction this morning!

mine had quiet spells at 28 weeks, 30 weeks, and the other day for 2 days lol. seems she goes a lil quieter every couple of weeks and has done since 25 weeks. as long as i still feel her move a few times a day i dont worry too much lol.

My baby does this and I asked mw about it. She said if baby goes quiet then ring up and get checked. My baby was moving, just less than normal.

Laying on my side makes baby move for me so I try that when I worry. If I try stuff and don't get a reaction that's when I'll be given them a buzz I think.

Lay on ur left side, after drinking a glass of cold water, if u don't deem baby in half an hour ring assessment unit or mw x

Like Carly mentioned the midwives at the hospital told me any movement less then usual to call up and go in because baby could be distressed, it used to be less then 10, but now its less then an average day. I was also told to try a hot drink or ice cold drink and rest for 30-60mins and see if that makes LO move. :)
xx

yeah if im worried i havent felt my LO's really gentle movements or any kind of motion from her i get a cold drink down there, munch some chocolate and lie on my side. usually get a response then. if i didnt id be off the hospital

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back