Being back at work is RUBBISH! - *I think I have a plan!*

Annie050408

Reaction score
I should be starting maternity leave, not starting back to work on a project for the next 3 weeks!! I suspect I might only do 2 more weeks as I've only been back for 2 days and already am feeling knackered!

Last edited:
I have been back for 2 PD days and Im back tomorrow for the kids 1st day back then Im on leave. I thought I would be ok, but im shattered and reali achey! xxx

You should see how your health is...if your too tired hun put ur health first!! xx

oh dear.. just take it nice n slow and sit down as much as possible xx

I'm going to see what the consultant says next Wednesday and then make my decision from there. I just wish I knew how imminent the birth was. If I go overdue then it could still be 6-7 weeks and that would feel crazy to take that much time off before she is here. Hmmmmm we'll see. x

i kninda kno how u feel, im at work for the next 8 weeks, and am dreading it!!

but cant really afford to leave much before then so am gona try and battle on, sheesh it sucks doesnt it!!

xxx

It sure does! To be fair, I've only been sitting planning and will be doing the same tomorrow too but it's more that as I'm talking to people I can feel pressure against my cervix and it constantly puts me off whatever I'm talking about and makes me nervous my waters are about to go!

oooh :)

im just tired and want to nap all the time, lol not good when the boss sits infront of me :-/

xx

Urgh I HATE it - I usually love my job but I just want to be at home getting ready for bubs to arrive and enjoying the last few weeks of 'me time'. I am feeling completely resentful of being at work up until 38 weeks even though it was my own stupid decision :(

well when your finished time will FLY by! Im dreading sitting here for 5 weeks on my own :( but i cant wait either as work is really taken every little bit of energy i got

They would I'm sure but it's a combination of the extra 2 weeks money and it still being potentially 7 weeks until bub is here.

If you have too much time off Annie, and your already organised, which you sound like you are really organised, then the days will goo soo slowly. I have holiday and hate my job and not going back to that same job, so based on that I am leaving early ,using holiday first then mat leave, but I will be sooo busy as so much DIY to do - if that makes you feel beter?

Blimey, you girls are good! I already left at 29 weeks! I work in hotel industry and even though I was doing office work there was still a lot of running around and organising and standing up... Just the thought of it exhausted me! Well done you lot though! :) xxx

Urgh I HATE it - I usually love my job but I just want to be at home getting ready for bubs to arrive and enjoying the last few weeks of 'me time'. I am feeling completely resentful of being at work up until 38 weeks even though it was my own stupid decision :(

I did the exact same thing! I initially was meant to leave 6 weeks before to enjoy the last of some me time but ended up working until a few weeks ago. I was so peed off and annoyed with myself because i decided to go back to work to help out but then i had bleeding and decided enough was enough and i am sooo glad i did.

See how your feeling and dont work if you can, im sure they would understand, im 38 weeks now and my god i would hate to be at work right now!!

I am having my growth scan and seeing the consultant tomorrow. I am going to speak to the consultant and tell him how stressed I feel with regard to still being at work and that I am starting to get dizzy spells (prob through lack of sleep) and hopefully they will sign me off - do you think it's likely to work?

I think if your sick within the 4 weeks leading up to your due date your company can automatically start your maternity leave, is it worth holding out a week?

Unless you get sick pay, then defo worth a try!!! xxx

sounds like a plan hun! dont wanna do anything to stress that little girl <3

I'm not sure I'm too bothered about the pay now- I'm just struggling so much with the whole thing and just can't relax at all at the moment as it's always in the back of my mind. I won't feel too bad as it would mean starting maternity leave at 36 weeks rather than 38 weeks so only 2 weeks difference. I'll see what the consultant says generally tomorrow and take it from there I think.

oh i hope you can finish earlier lovely so you can get some most needed rest before your little girl arrives x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back