Being a pregnant bridesmaid- Updated with requested colours

chickadee1976

Reaction score
My best friend called last night and asked me to be her bridesmaid/maid of honour along with our other best friend. Ill be 20 weeks at her wedding . What will i wear. I think its going to be a proper long dress, but they are both built like sticks and frankly even at the best of times, never mind being pregnant im not.

Sorry im feeling fat today

One of my friends was bridesmaid at her sister's wedding at 32 weeks - she looked absolutely fab!

I was a bride at 12 weeks pregnant, obviously I wasn't as big as at 20 weeks but at least you should have a bump by 20 weeks I just felt fat at 12. I had lovely flowers to hide behind though and managed to still feel beautiful. (not being vain but beautiful for me if you know what I mean!)

I think you will look lovely with a bump as a bridesmaid and will have to be careful to not upstage the bride everyone loves a bump! :lol: The only problem will be knowing how you will fit in the dress at 20 weeks I had this problem with my wedding dress I just had no idea what size I would be by the day! Are all the dresses going to be matching or can you have a nice maternity dress there are some really lovely ones out there now!

My friend was 6 months pregnant at my wedding and she looked fab! In the photos you couldnt even tell she was pregnant! If you like, pm me your email address and I'll email you a pic of my bridesmaids to give you an idea of what they wore (don't want to post it on here) I made sure that the dress wasn't going to be something she couldn't wear and it worked out well :cheer:

I was a BRIDE at 18 weeks! I felt bigger than normal BUT I did not look pregnant once the dress was on!..

Maybe have a word with your friend about the style of dresses she is after you wearing.

I'm sure you'll look lovely :)

Not sure if we are to be matching or not.
Going dress shopping on the 19th of June hope to have some ideas by then.

Im kinda hoping we are not to be matching so much.

My friend ..other bridesmaid is really skinny with tiny boobs. Really fair skinned with dark hair.

Im hippy very booby with a bump. fair haired and freckly.

If uyou have to have matching dresses something empire line where the 'waist' is right under your boobs will suit you both as the skirt can be nice and full to accomodate the bump and also make the most of small boobs for the other bridesmaid. Just a thought, you will look lovely whatever, pregnancy makes everyone gorgeous, i felt so liberated not having to hold my tum in or worry i looked fat! :lol:

One of the bridesmaids at my cousins wedding was 39 weeks pregnant and having BH's all the way through the service :lol: we all thought her waters were gunna go as they said 'I do' haha!

You'll look beautiful hun :)

Ok i have seen her dress its ivory with a gold overlay , kinda a brown gold rather than a yellow.

I think she likes the idea of us being in brown/chocolate. HAs anyone seen anything nice and suitable for both of us.

I was liking the empire line idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back