So called best friend, ughh

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
My so called 'best mate' OH MY GOD ughhhhhhhh.
Every single friday & saturday without dought she goes and gets pis*** out of her face. She doesnt even drink a little bit she gets drunk so she cant remember anything the next day, or pukes up, and she finds it 'funny' and 'cool'.
Yeah ill admitt I used to be exactly the same every friday id go out with her and my mates and get smashed, not to the point I was sick, but still binge drinking.
Iv compleatly stopped drinking, smoking & drugs since finding out I was pregnant.
I really feel like getting pregnant has matured me so much, because I dont see the appeal in any of that anymore, I find it pathetic.
I told her what I think of her behaveur (sp) tonight and she went mental, started being really nasty, saying things like:
'Atleast I dont sleep aaround and no how to put on a fu***** condom' & 'You cant say your mature when your keeping a kid thats going to ruin your life'
I personally think im doing the mature thing to keep it and make this the best thing thats ever happened to me. But now shes saying:
'Your new found maturity, you just think your so much better than everyone else now' witch isnt true at all, I jst dont want her to become an alchoholic or end up in a ditch from drinking so much.
Basically now shes told me where to go and blocked me on msn.
But before she left she said 'dont call me an alchoholic because half my familly are alchoholics and my grandad drunk himself to death' so I said ' well if he drunk himself to death then why the hell are you drinking so much and not thinking, well im not going to be like my familly' and she goes 'its the only thing that makes me feel better, it gets rid of all the pain'.
When she says the 'pain' she means the pain of her 2 best mates ditching her because of how bacjstabbing she is, she hates being labelled but then she does it to everyone else, shell call people fat or ugly when she doesnt even no them, and when I tell her secrets she goes and tells everyone else.
Sorry its so long, I just felt like a moan :lol:
And now shes made me feel like maybe Im not mature, and im just being a bit**. I was only saying it because I care but obviously she doesnt see it that way.
:lol: now shes got her friend to add me and have a go at me :evil:

hmm tbh if my friend lectured me on my drinking I wouldn't be too happy. I can understand you are concered but perhaps didn't go the right away about it. If she is happy behaving as she is then it is her business really.

I hope you can sort it out, good friends are hard to find :)

Yeah but bindge drinking every single weekend, im sure you done do that?
Soon she really is going to be an alchohlic and im not gonna sit back and watch that happen.
My ex bf and a close friend now lectured me soo much about my drug taking and drinking and now I can really see where he was coming from and hopefully in the end shell say where I was coming from too?

She sounds like any young person tbh, alot of people go down town every weekend and get pissed, not myself though :lol: Maybe shes just enjoying her youth, hope you sort it out though xx

jazzmum2be said:
Yeah but bindge drinking every single weekend, im sure you done do that?
Soon she really is going to be an alchohlic and im not gonna sit back and watch that happen.
My ex bf and a close friend now lectured me soo much about my drug taking and drinking and now I can really see where he was coming from and hopefully in the end shell say where I was coming from too?

I never said she was doing a great thing,just that it is her business. It is hard to watch a friend do things that you can see will cause harm but all you can do is be there for them, and help them when they ask for it.

I but I dont see how thats enjoyment.
Last night she was so piss** she decided it was good to go round scool grounds at 11pm smashning bottles of beer in school and set the alarms of, so she could be egtting expelled.
I do feel like a hypocrit though cause I used to be the same, and I gues she has to learn from her mistakes not mine.
Something bad happened to me around 6 months ago when drunk, lets just say iv got to go to court to get justice for what he did to me, and i dont want that to happen to her, because weve been friends for years.

sounds like me at 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ect.
TBH its normal and i dont regret a thing. If shes young free no resposabilities then its her choice.

jazzmum2be said:
I but I dont see how thats enjoyment.
No ones asking you are they?

If you dont want to be round her when shes drinking then tell her that, and arrange other times through the week to meet up ect.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hun i think the others are right sorry..you said you were the same and you have changed because you are pregnant, i used to be the same until i got pregnant too...let her carry on she has no responsibilities she is enjoying being young..we all have to grow out of these things in our own time and when she is ready she will take stock of her drinking!! You concentrate on your life and just be there as a mate..if she needs you and thinks she has a problem you can help her!

Yeah I guess so.
I no its her life & yeah I guess Ill just have to let her get on with it. =/

Its nice that you care so much about her though hun, she will grow out of it dont worry

I hate saying sorry lol
But I just text her saying
'Okay Im sorry, its your life not mine. I dont agree with what your doing, but did exactly the same a few months back. Its your life not mine and who am I to tell you what you can do?'
Done lol

That's what I did every weekend until I moved in with my OH. She's only young.

I cant help but think that her issues around drinking are more then just to do with her friends, and to do with her family history?.
There's no excusing her behaviour but I think until she realizes she has drink issues then she wont get to the bottom of whats really making her go off the rails.
You have said your peace and she obviously did not want to hear it which is a shame.
I hope she sorts herself out sooner then later as shes on a one way track to disaster.

As the others have said it could be an age thing although I started going out of counrol at this age and it led me to hard drugs because I did not deal with my issues.

Thats exactly what I think.
But I have tryed and I guess id be the same is she tryed telling me what to do, but she cant seem to see Im doing it because I care about her, weve been through alot together and I dont want to see her getting hurt.

You sound lie a great friend, im sure she'll see that. And well done on apologising its very hard to do but you did it which is great!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back