Been to the midwife..

Amanda

Reaction score
and she was shocked that the other mw didn't need to see me for 5 weeks. She said she will be having stern words with her! :cheer: My mw is called Fran and she was on hols at my last appointment, so they had another mw, Tracey. She was the one who said she didn't need to see me until I was 37 weeks. I booked this one today for my own piece of mind, and Fran was outraged! She said to keep my next appointment for the 15th as she should be seeing me every 2 weeks anyway!

Anyway, she got straight on the phone when I said I was wondering about an elective c section because of my SPD. The earliest appointment with a consultant is the 30th August!!!! :shock: I'm due on th 7th September! :rotfl: Even Fran couldn't believe the appointment they pffered me. She said she would phone again at my next appointment on the 15th and demand an earlier one, but there wasn't a lot she could do about this one. She said she would be very surprised if I last until the 30th anyway, as your body has a way of knowing it is in pain and what is causing it, so thinks I could go into labour naturally before then. She said that if I do start naturally, to tell them I have a consultants appointment when I phone them, and get them to schedule a section sooner rather than later. LO is still oblique breech and she doesn't think he'll turn now, so says the decision about a section may be out of my hands anyway! :dance: Good baby! :hug:

I feel so much better now. Even though the consultants appointment is ages away, at least someone is listening, and I can have a section!! :dance:

YAY Tankett, glad they are listeing to you and this midwife put your mind at rest xxx

I thought it was odd that your midwife was going to let you go 5 weeks without seeing her!

Im glad this midwife your saw today seems more clued up!

That's better news for you Tankett, glad you are feeling a bit more relaxed about it all after your appointment, it pays to be a bit more insistant sometimes. Could be an August baby now then??!!

Thats bad about ur MW glad u got this better one now!! hopefully she will sort it out for the c section.

when is it you start seeing mw every 2 weeks? I have only seen mine 2 times since i got PG, once for the paperwork at 9 weeks, then again for bloods and heartbeat at like 16 weeks and then my next app is next tues and il be 29 weeks.

cas xx

I hope Tracey gets a good bollocking... :twisted: some of them are like little hitlers.. you just don't know when your going to get a nice one!

You could be holding your baby is 2 or 3 weeks if Fran gets you a closer date... sounds good.. will your SPD stop as soon as baby is out? i have no idea what your going thou as i've never suffered but it sounds horrendous... i hate being restricted as it is to doing things.

x

Noooo! Not fair Tankett you can't be having your baby before me!!! :wink:
Guess as we're moving house I'll have to start lifting some heavy boxes to see if can help baby out :rotfl: !
Seriously though, glad to hear this MW seems more cluded up as that just wasn't right - having to wait so long before your next appointment, especially at this stage!!!
Good luck hun!

Nice one :D . Shocking about that other midwife though.

Good for you Tankett.. bloody m/w should be sacked!! Sounds as if LO is fighting your corner and is staying put so a section is iminent! Are you excited or nervous? x

I am so calm now, I'm scaring myself!!!

It's funny, but with my daughter, I didn't know the sex, and due to all the complications, they kept saying they would induce me from 32 weeks onwards, and she ended up going 19 days overdue. And because I was single and not working (I was made redundant early in my pregnancy and couldn't get another job) I had practically nothing as I couldn't afford it.

With this one, I know it's a boy, will hopefully get a section date after my next mw appointment, and have bought everything. It feels fab to be so organised! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back