Midwife appointment

Rachel

Reaction score
Had my midwife appointment today and baby is fine :cheer: Strong heartbeat and measuring a week ahead again.

Baby is head down so that's good but he is back to back which she said is probably causing my back pain and it can make labour longer :|

Im still ok for my homebirth :D Just hoping baby gets to 38 weeks now so I can have one. I only have to go back to the clinic now once at 35 weeks then they will come to the house at 37 weeks to drop off my homebirth stuff and do my appointment here :D She said I've got to buy 2 shower curtains for homebirth and pick a room with plenty of space. She said that as soon as I go into labour to phone labour ward and they will then phone the 2 midwifes who will then come to my house :D so she covered the basics of what will happen but said she will discuss it even further with me at my next appointment :cheer:

So im pleased with how the whole appointment went but abit worried about baby being back to back :think:

glad appt went well and you are still on for a home birth :cheer:

not sure about the back to back thing hun, maybe baby could move by the time labour is here for you :hug:

Sounds good :) You've plenty of time to get LO to get into a decent position. Start rocking on all fours etc to encourage that.

My homebirth was great so really pleased you are all set for your own :) I have nothing but good things to say about it. Not one negative.

Having 2 MW's for the second stage (the big push to bring baby into the world) makes a huge difference. My MW came out earlier in the day, then went home and I paged her at about 8.30pm with contractions 2 minutes apart and she was here by 9pm. She called in the other MW about 3.30am then. LO was born at 5.34am :) So she timed it really well.

Its really up to you when you call the first MW in and have her stay. I waited till it would be like I was going into hospital and got through a fair bit of the first stage on my own with OH before calling her back in for the duration. Had a soak in birth pool, walked, ate some supper. All very relaxing.

I never went near my bed to labour or deliver :lol: I spent a bit of time up there in the first stage, but used the stairs and various leaning positions on them for pain relief mostly. We had our birth pool in the sitting room and I used that and eventually delivered standing/squatting in the same room :) Worked brilliantly.

YAY for homebirthers! hehe

We have 4 shower curtains. lol. We got cheapy tesco ones (about 1.27 each!) and some really cheap towels too!

Thanks for the replies :)

I will try some different positions to try and get baby to turn, still plenty of time yet so hopefully he will turn :pray:

Sherlock thanks for sharing your homebirth experience, sounds great and really relaxing being able to move about and do what you want while in labour :D

Getting excited now :cheer: Just got to make sure baby dosen't come before 38 weeks :lol:

Babybee I'll probably get mine from tesco aswell. Didn't relise they were that cheap :D I'll go and get some nearer the time :)

yay sounds like a great appointment, hope you get your homebirth, I would have loved one but I have GBS so have to deliver in hospital.

Just been reading another thread that Geordie Lass started about her mw appointnment today where she discovered her LO is back to back and someone has posted a link to some positions you can try for turning your baby.

Heres a link it might help definitely worth a try IMO.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77331

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back