Been sort of down this week

tinytoes

Reaction score
My mum wasnt very nice about our news . She wouldn't even look at my scan picture . she's starting to come around now but it really upset me , I've also had serious friend drama gossip and things I cant be bothered with at all .
I've heard so awful untrue things about myself and Im raging but Im rising above for beanies sake . I was so excited to make a little cryptic announcement of facebook but I've decided not too now after my families reactions .. On the plus side fourteen weeks tomorrow !! Anyone else not got the reaction they we;re hoping for ?

Oh tinytoes, really sorry to hear this :petal:

Thinking of you & massive :hugs: on the way

xxxxx

i didnt get the reaction i wanted when i told my family i was pregnant the 1st time, mainly because i was only 18.. so i was kind of expecting it!! its horrible as you are soo happy about the news and when everyone else isnt, it takes the excitment out of it... But, after i told them that i was having baby no matter what they say, they soon got over it, and wouldnt be without my daughter now!!! :) xx

I agree it horrible when people say things about you and ppl arnt happy for you. I think of it as its your life you do what you want not what everyone says. My mum is not happy about me been pregnant again mainly because she only 40 and has 11 grand children already and going to have another two this year. My freinds dont really support me because they dont have kids. They stopped inviting me out with them because they always think i wouldnt have the money or babysitter. To be honest i dont really care my kids come first before any1. xx

I think its awful that you all have been receiving the reactions that you have. I personally think having a baby is a wonderful thing and whatever your circumstances are people should be happy for you, im sure they will all get over it when your babies arrive, lots of love xxx

My family have been great but people at work have been horrible. ive been called a slut and ive heard loads of awfull rumours about me.

I just ignore everyone like that. We all got better things to do then waste time on ppl that gossip because their lifes are boring xx

My mother in law was just plain nasty about our 1st pregnancy and said some awful things and it really put me down for a while but now she says my son is the best thing thats ever happened 2 her and she couldnt love him more, funny she couldnt see that at the time even when everyone told her! i let it build up and ended up telling her exactly what i thought about her reaction and that it was completely selfish etc etc. so needless 2 say she didnt have anything bad 2 say this time! please dont let anyone spoil your happiness, this should be the happiest times in our lifes and we dont get 2 many of them so enjoy it! nobody has the right 2 bring you down, its your life!! x

My family have been great but people at work have been horrible. ive been called a slut and ive heard loads of awfull rumours about me.
Its awful isnt it , my own sister is calling me a welfare sponge interesting as I dont get any benifits .
Thank you all so much I've been so upset all week and the support and kind words really really helps :hugs:

You can get the support on here. Am always here to listen and help if i can. Dont put your self down be happy because your having a baby thats real good ad exciting news xx

oh hun i am sorry to hear this i know exactly what your going through! im only 17 and the first person i told was the father who immediately demanded and continues to demand i get an abortion which was very hurtful seeing as we've been seeing eachother for 2-3 years. My mum was very dissapointed and angry as was my dad and brother. Ive had terrible things going round about me aswell and it made me very depressed for a while but you know what hun?
You have a little life inside of you that doesnt care what anyone else thinks; this little person loves you regardless and you and he/she is all that matters xxxx

You have a little life inside of you that doesnt care what anyone else thinks; this little person loves you regardless and you and he/she is all that matters xxxx
This just made me cry , but in a good way. I'm feeling so much better I'm going to take my lil princess out to the playground blow away some cobwebs xxx

This just made me cry , but in a good way. I'm feeling so much better I'm going to take my lil princess out to the playground blow away some cobwebs xxx

This made me cry too, well said TeenMum17! puts all these nasty peoples opinions into persepective, we are so lucky we have these little miracles, I know so many people and friends who cant have kids or who are struggling ttc. Noone should make anyone feel bad for being pregnant, and at the end of the day you will have your little baby to love and care for, and nothing else matters xxxxxx

im glad its helped you hun because that way of thinking has pulled me through the dark times and there as been alot through these 10 weeks.
just hold on and remember we are all here for you whenever you need us x

Wise words Teenmum and you're only 17, I guess you've had a lot of growing up to do in the last few weeks.
At the end of the day people often say nasty things because they have their own problems which have nothing to do with you. Don't let them get to you, xx

teenmum seems more like an adult than many of the adults i know! very good advice! binzy is right also, its only because that have their own problems that they cause peoblems for you!

i also had a bad reaction when i told my family, my dad laughed and said i thought you were going to say that, my mum didnt say anything, completely silent for 20mins then all she said was bye! it took my dad about an hour to get used to it, he called me back and said he was happy for us! however it took my mum about two weeks to get used to it, but it really has sunk in now, when she left my house on firday she hugged me then rubbed my belly and said bye bye! the reactions were supprising as both my parents are very stricked, and we are a very close family, both me and oh though my dad was going to hit the roof, or my oh! but we expected my mum to be calm and supportive! as you can see it was almost the complete opposit! which sent me into a crying fit untill id spoken to my dad later that evening! everyone has to get used to it, and if friends are gossiping and making or spreading stuff then your better of without them!

Last edited:
I'm really sorry you didn't get the reaction you wanted. It's made me appreciate how lucky i've been. I hope things settle down, but the most important thing is you, your two LO's and your OH x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back