Been sacked on maternity leave :(

Emerald rose

Reaction score
I started my maternity leave at the end of june after being off sick for 5 weeks with spd.
Today a friend of mine text me saying sorry to hear your not coming back.? Very confused as im planning to return to work in may. So i phoned my friend to ask what he means and apparently my boss has told them im not coming back and they have hired a permanent replacement.
I contacted my boss who said the babys father told her i didnt want to return because if the pain from the spd, which is a lie as i havnt spoken to him in months he didnt know i had spd during pregnacy.

I dont know what to do i cant afford to lose my job and raise 3 kids on benefits

Last edited:
They can't do this to you. You need to contact someone - possibly ACAS. Surely your notification would have to be in writing, signed by you?

You have a good case for a tribunal there.

call ACAS hun, they cant do it because baby's father said something

Omg that's awful! They def can't just sack you because of "rumours". x x

Firstly ask them if they are willing to retract their decision as it is not legal.
If they refuse Definitely seek legal advice. ask them to put their case in writing you will then have hard evidence.
Hope you get it sorted, can't believe they have not bothered to formally contact you. Have they continued to pay your mat pay or is that now ending!

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats terrible. Id book an appointment with citzens advice its not legal what they have done , but just be careful they have already acted imorally and just becuase you have the law on your side doesnt mean that it will be easy to win.
Good luck and stay strong.
xDaisy

They definately cant do this, as the other ladies have suggested maybe talk to your employer and seek legal advice as its definately against the law xx

That's terrible, the definitely can't do this hun, get in touch with acas or citizens advice

Holy crap! I can't believe they have done that to you, rather tried to do that to you. It's totally illegal, they can't sack you like that, well tbh it doesn't sound like they have even sacked you just tried to silently get rid of you, as if you wouldn't have noticed! Like others have said, speak to ACAS and do it asap hun. I can't believe you only found out from word of mouth also, it's disgraceful!

Defo 100% cannot do this. They need a letter in writing from yourself to say you're not coming back then they can replace you!

Highly illegal and disgusting!!! I would go tto the CSA ASAP!! xx

I spoke to my babys dad he only found out yesterday when the boss introduced my replacement to them she happens to be our bosses best friend!. He also has no idea what spd means.
Im going to contact acas.
Thank you for the advice

Wow!! That is bang out of order!

Hope you get it sorted hun x

Let us know how you get on hun. Absolutely no question that what they've done is wrong.x

Sorry only just read this, but deff need to call ACAS, they can't sack you for that reason and anyway you should have it in writing.
Let us know an update.x

hi, can't believe what your employment is trying to do? Hope you got it sorted!

This is disgusting! I can't believe you have been treated like this!
Have to spoken to anyone yet?
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

an employer cannot terminate your employment without having had it formally from you... end of. Your boss must be a right clown to thing he can get away with this!

I hope you manage to get this sorted Hon. Absolutely disgusting thing to do!

Has anything been resolved yet? Still can't believe they did this to you!!

Its payday on friday and normally i get my wage slip posted to me on a wednesday well today i got my P45!
Going to ring head office tomorrow to see whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back