Been kicked out!

faithsmummy

Reaction score
Well my partner has kicked me and my 11 week old baby out!!
My mum and dad said i can stay here for 2 weeks! but what the hell do i do after that i have spoke to the council and they havent even rang me back today!
Im so scared about being on my own as it is and this is a huge step but its got to be done for faith!!
anyone know of any help i can get??
thanks!!! :cry:

Aw hun are you ok? :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm always here if you wanna talk

Firstly i would let your hv know as she mite be able to help other than that i would either go to your local council everyday or ring them so they don't forget about you

to be honest im not sure if i am or not!!
im shocked and upset!!
it dont help having PND and councilling!!
then he does this! :roll:

OMG!!!!! :shock: :shock:

what a d*ckhead hun - that is awful!!!!!

i dont know what to suggest darling - i just hope you get sorted soon

if you need to talk you know where i am

take care babes :hug: :hug:

Hi,

I'm sorry that you're having to cope with this as a new mum. Firstly, your partner had no right to "kick you out", as you have a child together. You can see a solicitor - first half hour usually free. You need a family solicitor and you can find one in your area from the Law society of England & Wales' website:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

Secondly, moving in with your parents - when you were evicted from your partner's home, you were "homeless", which gave you rights. You'll probably need your parents to say that they have agreed that you can only stay there temporarily, say, for a month in order to retain your homeless status. Contact your council and ask if they have a tenancy support worker service. Tenancy support workers are separate from housing, but help you with practical matters and liaise with housing officers with you.

Visit your local housing office, and remember to say that you are "homeless". Local authorities have an obligation to re-home homeless people and, as you have mental health problems (depression) and a baby, you should be deemed a 'priority'. If you are declared 'homeless' by the local authority (although staying at your parents' house may affect this), then you should not go on the normal waiting list, but on the homeless register. You should also contact local housing associations, telling them that you're homeless too. Hopefully, you will be re-housed quite quickly, but the time varies in different regions.

I don't know what your financial circumstances are, but you will also be entitled to a range of benefits for you and the baby as a single parent. I know it's a lot to take in, but as soon as you start sorting out the practical matters, you'll start to feel more in control.

Good luck and keep us updated with how you get on.

Love,
Wendy
xxx

P.S. just re-read your message and saw that you can only stay with your parents for 2 weeks. That's "good" in terms of the fact that it should not then affect your homeless status. Call your housing office now to make an appointment with a housing officer.

:shock: How disgusting of your ex to do this to you. Surely there was an alternative (like HIM moving out till you could find somewhere else to go) :doh:

Wendy's given you some excellent advice which I can only second really. Make sure you get advice from a solicitor or CAB about your situation. If your ex is named on the birth certificate he's liable for helping to support you and the baby. He can't just assume no responsibility. :shakehead:

I hope the council come up with something for you. You really must be high priority surely.

:hug:

keep ringing the council until you get things sorted
being 'homeless' makes you jump the queue for housing

im always here if u need 2 talk :hug:

Before I found out I was pregnant I was sleeping on my parents sofa as I had no where else to go. Then I found out I'm expecting a little'en so put my name down on the housing register except now days it's all in bands, Green, amber and red.I'm in the red band You have to be on the register 10 years before you get put into the green band so I went to the housing advice centre and told her my baby will be 10 by the time they find me a house! I told her that there is no way I can continue sleeping on the sofa being pregnant as it is bad for me and the baby. At first she basically said tough s**t I'd have to put up with the sofa but I kicked up a fuss, shouting, ranting, raving and eventually she said I could go on the rent deposit scheme. The housing advice give you a letter to say they will pay the deposit and the first month rent, you ring up and view properties, show the landlord the letter and if they except it you tell housing advice you have found somewhere you like and the rest is history. I was in my flat within 2 weeks.

Hi

Im so sorry hun :hug: i think its discusting your OH could of let you stay with him at least till you found a place :hug:
Hope you find somewhere soon hun, im sure your parents wont make the two of you leave if you aint found a place though will they?
Katrina

oh hun... how the fuck can he do that :x

ahhh that's really fucking out of order... i don't know what to do, but the girls here have given you so good advice..

hope it works out :hug:

OMG I cant believe he has did that to you :evil:

Dont have any extra advice to give you, Wendy has offered some excellent advice :wink:

Best of luck hun :hug:

Sheeley that is YOUR house your name is on the tenancy agreement ... i am so angry about this calls himself a f***in dad i tell you something mate he doesnt want to cross me in the street i dont give a t*** who he thinks he is, you didnt climb on top of yourself and get prgnant, you still got your key? i tell you what i would do ... id let myself in, tell him he broke up with YOU HE should leave and dont chuffin go anywhere, if your not happy in alford mate you can look for other housing etc but u will get your rent paid etc, what scum to do this to you.

WTF???? how dare he????
:shock: :shock: :shock:
i hope u get something worked out shelley, rant and rave to the council!!

oh hun! what a t***!! moan at the council! they will find you somewhere :hug:

call twice a day - thats what my mate did and they found her and her boy somewhere to live in weeks.

take care huni !! :hug:

Hi, omfg what a twat hes been...

I cant belive he can do that, i would go with everyone elses advice and get straight back in there you have a child, that is his, he should be the one to leave..

Do you have a doorstep in your area, or care rent scheme, my friend got kicked out in the same way and care rent got her a place within a week.. could be worth giving them a call, but stand your ground and get your house back.. change the locks i would so he cant get back in..

i really do hope things have got easier for you, please keep us posted, were all thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back