Housing

amyknight88

Reaction score
is anybody having any luck with the council and getting a house?

when i found out i was preg i went straight to the council, filled out my form and got put on the list.

since about 11 weeks pg ive been ringing up every 2 weeks and asking where i stand. the only response ive been given is that theres still people that come before me waiting for a place. because my mum is willing to keep me and carey it could be upto a year before i get a place!

sorry hun i wouldnt know i was planning to stay with mum and dad!! well for a while neway garry is gr8 but dont like doing nite feeds but my m8 is 35wks pg and just got rehoused move to colchester :D:D:D

Councils take da piss ive been waiting almost a year for a place the only way ur'll get a place quicker is if u go 2 ur housing place and say ur homeless but u will have to stay in a bedsit or hostel for a few months

I wouldnt say council take the piss, unless you see the sheer volume of people wanting a council house you cannot appreciate how bad it is. Some people are in hostel with kids who have absolutely no one, no where to go and are fleeing violent partners. The lists might be long but they are doing there best. And its not just women,

My council are absolutely chocca with names for people, it's qute abig council area in the main town near me but house proces round here are well over the UK average and people just cannot afford to live here.

While you still have a roof over your head you're fine. My friend was fleeing a violent abusing partner and our council still couldn't house her and her 2 children (one who was 6 weeks old at the time) for 3 months - that is when it is unfair and 'taking the piss'.

Although I do know a girl who got pregnant solely to get a council house and had one by the time she was 30 weeks pregnant - that's definately not right given the above story.

But tat's just round here. All councils are different.

I think its pretty much the same for all councils :?

I fell pregnant at 19 and had to wait 7 years!! for my council house we had to keep moving from one rented place to another,just keep on at them!!

Good luck xx

yeah i understands there more people that need rehousing in worse sitautions than me. guess its just a waiting game then. thanks

hi amy. i no how ur feelin. i put myself on the housin list sn as i woz 16 lol and they said that if i was happy living where i was then it could take years lol!!!
luv marylou xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back