OMG - So Angry!!

dannii87

Reaction score
I'm so so so angry!!

Firstly, my step Mum is the most jealous person in the world and HATES my mum and at every opportunity will say things like "get your mother to come and get you" or "no, ask your mother to drop you off, I haven't got time" to my brothers.

My brother is 13 years old and lives with my dad about 25 mins drive away. My Mum ALWAYS drives down to pick him up and drop him off again every other weekend. My dad/step mum NEVER make the journey. To add fuel to the fire, there is a direct train link, 1 stop, 9 mins on the train and my dad and step mum won't let him get on the friggin' train on his own! Yet they've bought him a season ticket to go and see P'boro with his friend and they get on the train (30 min journey)... ON THEIR OWN.

Last week I had my 4D scan and planned to take my brothers (13 & 17 yrs). I told my step Mum that they'll have to get on the train to Sandy where I am so that I can drive to MK (if I picked them up it would mean driving 25 mins to my dads, then back up the A1, past Sandy, and another hour and a half to MK).

Friday night before my scan, my Mum tells me when I get in from work that Ryan (13 yrs) had called to say he's not allowed to get the train as Joe (17 yrs) is driving down on his DODGY moped that they bought him which would leave Ryan getting the train on his own. My step mum had said to him "well Dannii or your mother will have to pick you up instead" and then left it to Ryan to make the arrangements!! This stresses us all out because no-one wants an argument, but in my eyes, she should grow up and sort things out between the adults and NOT involve my mum by assuming she'll be alright driving down to pick Ryan up!!

My mum works and my step mum doesn't do a sodding thing all day!!

Anyway, I phoned my dad last Sunday asking if I could pop down on bank hol Mon to show him the DVD, he made out like I was going out of my way and told me not to "over do" it and to pop down when I have more time?! :? Only to later discover he'd made his own plans - which is fine, but don't make me look the bad guy!!

Anyway, I text him during the week asking when he is free for me to pop over (he NEVER comes to me). No reply. :wall: He's completely avoided it and never got back to me.

Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep, then my mum woke up in agony with severe tummy pains. I took her to emergency docs at 5 this morning. We didn't sleep until 7:30 this morning so she text my brother (Ryan) saying that she's had a rough night but will pick him up this afternoon instead of this morning if that was ok. Ryan said it was absolutely fine...

...Ryan told my step mum the plans and she went off on one apparently and started saying "For f*cks sake, why can't she come and get you? Dannii will have to come and get you instead then I'm afraid" blah blah blah!!

She told my dad a few months ago that she was worried about being left out when Evie is born - No she's f*cking not! She's scared because she hates me and wants my dad all to herself without a poxy baby getting in the way!!! :x She sees it as yet another connection between my mum and dad and she hates it.

We even had to lie to her about my dad AND mum both being and my 20 week scan as she would have gone absolutely mad about it! She quizzed my brothers and said "did your mother go?" constantly. :wall:

I HATE her!! And I'm so angry with the way she speaks about my mum to my brothers and the way my dad NEVER says anything to her!! I'm so angry, but if I say anything my dad's whole side of the family are well known for disowning family members for having an opinion different to theirs!!

And to top it all off, my dad rings me this morning to ask about my mum. I told him she's fine now but was really poorly last night. I mentioned that I had been up all night too and he said "yeah ok, but how is mum?" - Yep! Don't give a crap about me!! And he STILL didn't mention me coming down this weekend to see my 4D scan :x

Part of me feels like just telling my dad I don't want anything to do with my step mum, and telling her that I am f*cking sick of the way she is, but my dad will tell me I'm being OTT and just trying to cause an argument.

PLEASE!! What would you do?!!

(By the way, my dad has disowned me several times over the last few years for stupid things like disagreeing with him...)

Me and my brothers never tell him what we really think of certain things because he gets angry.

xxx

That's terrible, I don't know what to say as my advice would probably just make things worse.

aw you poor thing this is the last thing you need while your pregnant!
i don't really know what to suggest you do to be honest hun, your step mum sounds insecure that if your dad has too much contact with your mum he might go back to her or something! as you and your brothers are the link between him and her shes probably a bit resentful of anything you do that would involve them having to have contact and i guess evie is a big example..so she tries to stir up trouble and probably makes your dad feel guilty...she needs to grow up as you said.
but i bet your dad doesnt see it that way and would be peed off if you said anything! as i said i don't really know whats the best thing to do..just thought you needed some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
try not to let it stress you out hun its not good for evie!

im so sorry to be harsh but i would tell your step mum to piss off and if your dad dont like it he can too, you need to think of you, your mum and the baby and yes i am talking from experience.

Tbh you are doing yourself no favours, so I'd say just leave it to them to do all the running- don't make a scene of it, just quietly and slowly back off, and if they want to see you that's their problem. They'll be thinking why should they make the effort if you're doing all the running- so don't!

And if they disown you,. let them. It is an immature and pointless thing to do anyway.

Thank you girls!! I just get fed up because I know if I leave them to contact me I'll get the quiet treatment for "being a stranger" by my Dad :wall: Plus, I get really stressed out when I hear that my step mum wants ME to go and pick my brothers up, even though it's actually my Mum/Dad that need to be arranging all that kind of stuff.

Huge congratulations for reading it all by the way :shock: :lol:

My step mother shows some of the same traits- nothing near as bad as yours but just little things- It's just jealousy that my Dad had a life before her I think.

I haven't got much advice but what ZebraStripes said sounds like a good plan.

Alex xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww hun, family's can be a bl**dy nightmare at times!!

I'm not sure that my advice is gonna help - but what I would do is tell them exactly what i thought - as calmly as I could and then tell them that if they didn't like it to not bother contacting me till they could behave like the adults they are supposed to be. I would do what I need by my brothers and just refuse to engage with their childish behaviour.

I know how you feel about being stuck in the middle - my parents are splitting AGAIN for about the 50th sodding time. I have already warned them - any bitching or arguing around me and my baby and they can b*gger off till they act like civilised adults as I won't be subjecting my daughter to the same sh*te I have had to put up with.

I don't really have any advice chick but didn't like to read and run :hug:
Family can be so difficult and selfish at times. I know its hard for you but try not to let it stress you out. You need to think of yourself and little Evie

if it wasnt for your brothers I would say to sod him. Why would you want your baby to have a papa like that. Its tricky.

Aww, hun...no real advice, just lotsa hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I feel sorry for yr poor brothers who have to feel pulled about, so unfair...and you are in the middle too.

Hope you can sort things...

Lisa

Sorry but what right has your stepmum have to tell your brothers they cannot get on the train?? especially as they are going to see their Mum! Personally if it were me I'd have it out right with her but It really is a tricky situation you're in because whatever you do could reflect badly on your brothers. This woman sounds very controlling and maybe thats what she's doing to your Dad, he doesn't want the grief at home so he goes along with what she says and wants. I'm sorry I haven't been much help hun :hug: I hope your Mum is ok!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back