• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

been in and out of hospital..warning to all BF

sparky

Reaction score
with a breast abcess :cry:

wrongly diagnosed by the GP twice as simply blocked ducts, ended up in hospial on sunday as it was massive and painful, the lump was the size of a large orange. - SO if you think you have mastitus etc, and its not getting better go to hospital please...i'd hate to think of anyone else going through it, its horrible.

Got referred to the breast clinic where i have been every other day since getting it drained, they took 200ml of mank out of it the first time.

But the good thing to come out of it is that i'm helping to develop a less evasive procedure to leave less scaring and eliminating the need for open surgery on a large abcess.

So keep an eye on your boobies ladies!

u poor lamb! glad ur getting it seen to, take care :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Hope you are feeling better soon hun.
Cant believe you doc missed it.

I am currently on a course of antibiotics for mastitis, it is starting to get better thank god

OUCH! You poor thing! Hope you are much better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jeez that is a large abcess, so glad to hear you're OK :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sending very best wishes :hug:

thanks ladies

dont have to go back until wed now...yippeee! hopefully that'll be the last drain (esp as i have to keep my wound open which is a nightmare as it always heals and has to be reopened at every visit). On 1500mg of antibiotics and 750mg of penaillin, just starting the second week of these tablets...so still feeling a bit rotten. Consultant says i wont know myself when its away as i've had it for so long and its gradually dragged me down.

Isla has no idea mummy has been so ill, and hasnt behaved, DH took over and gave me a few days complete rest...i'd forgotten what it was like to get a nights sleep!

Got to watch my op too as it was recorded for training others with the proceedure...it was pretty :puke: i can tell you. My boob is off to miami in a few weeks for a confrence and then will travel the world...lol!

I do hope you start to feel better soon hun :hug: :hug:
Only got today and and two doses tomorrow left of my antibiotics to take however i have woken up this morning with pain in my boob again :( I thought it was starting to get better again.

Gonna have to book me in again at the docs. They only gave me a half dose of the antibiotics to stop Calleigh receiving alot in my milk.

OMG Sparky that's terrible! I hope you're feeling a lot better now?!

:hug: Your poor love :( xx

Ouch, that sounded horrendous!!! Hope you're feeling better very soon. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back