Becoming a child minder

kiki

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Is there anyone here who is a child minder and have any tips on how to get started on becoming one? I'm supposed to go back to work this summer but have decided I just can't leave my little boy with anyone quite yet. So becoming a child minder seems like the best option for me. If you know any good trainings then please let me know.

I heard from someone that they did a course and you could get part of the fee back once you actually started working as a child minder but can't remember where they did the training... :wall2:

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!!

No here is fine :)

I'm not a childminder but I do know in becoming a registered childminder you must contact your local council who will send you an information pack. This should include any courses including details of first aid courses which you will have to do and what the fee is. Your application will be sent away and you will then be notified :)

Best of luck x

maybe enrol in a NVQ childcare course at college?
good place to start i think haha :)

Last edited:
i am registering to become a childminder too. lol you dont need any qualifications, there is a site for N.I. people called Nicma. i would say theres something similar in england. you have to go on a two day course first, then get references from gp., police checks on alll adults living in house, 2 references from prospective parents and social worker visits to check your house etc . sounds tough but apparently its alright. they also tell you how much to charge. i dont want to go back to work when i have my LO, as nurseries here are CRAP and i want to do it all myself but i love kids anyway so itll be all good. i got two kids signed up already!!:D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back