Stuff to buy

ZoeM1

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

How early did you all start buyin 'stuff'? I'm 27 weeks, and I want to buy it all now!!

Has anyone else bought Kushies re-usable nappies to use? I figured I'd help to save the environment for a year, and then I suppose I'll have to buy disposables for the baby minder to use when I go back to work part time?? They might charge extra for 'handling' the poo!! :rotfl:

Zo

This is a dim question, and I should have done it weeks ago, but how do I getter a ticker?..doh!!

i have kooshies (not used them yet) apparently they arnt that great..and its better to use the fitted/shaped toweling type with a wrap.. if you take a look in ask a mum..(scroll a few pages) i think you might find some info on reusables.

and im 28 weeks tmro and i have bought everything lol..

:shock: Lisa, you're so organised!!!!!

How much did you pay for your Kushies, if you don't mind me asking, and where did you get them from? :think:

I've seen a set for about £180, which will last a whole year...and....you get a free nappy bucket!!

Just chosen the bedding for the nursery.

Zo

i had them on ebay.. washed but not used.. i have 5 kooshies and 3 boots all in ones..and i think i payed aobut 20 quid for all of them.. tbh.. i have a selection of different types.

i think you can google reviews of cloth nappies..and there are some good sites about where real mums use cloth nappys and tell you exactly what they think, boys and girls suit different types..(apparently) if ur childs a heavy wetter they may suit a different type etc etc..

from my experience of being member of cloth nappy sites most mums get on best with.. shapped nappys.. such as bamboozles, motherease, tots bots, little lambs etc..where the absobant part is shaped like a nappy and the wrap goes over the top to keep it waterproof.. these also dry quicker.. as they arnt as think as an all in one. personally.. i have mixed different types to see what suits baby and me. and if i was recomending any type to anyone i would say go for the shaped nappy type.. they are cheaper than kooshies to i think..

toyrsus do totsbots birth to potty packs for about 200 quid i think.. but if you are a bargain hunter like me id look on ebay.. singularly they sell on there for about £8 each.. i think..

and u can get a ticker by clicking someone elses and then making your own on the site.. copy the image code into your signiture.. xx

:wave: hi!!

i've brought most things, just need the odd item. Won't take you long to catch up :D

I used motherease nappies with rikki (?) wraps with my last son, and they were fantastic! no leaks although it made him huge and had to get clothes in a bigger size to fit over the nappies.

paradysso sold me some motherease.. and i thought jez they r huge for a newborn lol.. will use some of my others for the 1st few weeks i think.. let the baby grow a bit..:)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm still missing loads and loads... I won't be getting everything until round xmas time... I'll probably have popped by then LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But then my DH will have to get his finger out and go and get all the stuff on his own... :rotfl:

i brought a couple of things right after my 20 week scan.

to make it more real lol and them a couple of weeks later more things, but i think i got my pram and cot etc a bit later in my pregnancy :wink:

I have got the tots bots nappies- well have ordered them they haven't arrived yet. I think the Kushies take a long time to dry compared to the ones with separate wraps.

We have most things- wardrobe and chest of drawers are getting delivered soon :cheer:

zoe click on someones ticker and do it from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back