BBT Thermometer?

Sarah7

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope a fantastic Christmas and New Year was had by all :)

Now to the question... I feel sure I'm not the first person to ask this so apologies if I could have looked a little harder and found a near identical post!

I'm going to start charting and I was wondering if there's a particular thermometer or type of thermometer that is best to get? I was hoping just to pop down to boots and get one but wanted to ask the experts here for some advice first!

Thanks,
Sarah

hi, i am a massive fan of charting so happy to advise. you must get a basal themometer - a normal fever themometer is no good. the themomenter must also be to two digital places ie 36.97'C. i got mine from boots a few years ago not sure if they still ahev them if not they are available on amazon -i think babymad is a good brand. how much research into charting have you done? what software/website are you goign to use?

i got mine from Amazon as part of a all in one fertility kit. Its had loads of ovulation tests, pregnancy tests, pre seed and an actual 3-part fertility test (which I am too scared to use.....)

i got mine online hun and it came with some paper charts to put by the bed with the thermometer.

I tried boots but wen i got there they said they had stopped doing them in my local one, not sure if theyv all stopped or not. you can get them fairly cheap online tho xx

I got the boots one but you can just buy one on eBay & chart on fertility friend. Charting is a great way to see what your body is doing.

I'm using the babymad one which cost about a fiver from Aamzon - really pleased with it so far. It's good as it beeps (quite quietly tho, so won't disturb OH too much), so you can take your temp without turning the light on. It saves the last reading so you can check it again later when you've woken up more! It seems to be doing a pretty good job of recording my temps too... xx

Boots one is the same, I do it & then go back to sleep again & check it when I get up...lol

Thanks for all the advice guys, had a look in boots and they had none so I will be looking for the babymad one on Amazon:)

Itsbabytime: I did some research into charting and saw lots of charts so knocked up my own on excel, I know I won't log into a website to do it so pen and papers best for me I reckon.

If anyone knows any good websites though (or anything else to do with it!) I am more than happy to take all charting advice :)

Thank you!
Sarah
X

Just ordered the babymad one that comes with a chart so should be good to go at the beginning of my cycle (if it's on time). I feel quite excited about charting lol
:)

i would defintely use online software. it can predict and confirm ov and pinpoint temps that should be disgarded for any particular reason. it will also determine the coverline which is extrmely important as if it is too high or low ovultion could be incorrectlyguessed . i know it seems like a hassle but it takes 5 mins to go on, log in, and add temp and that is it. i started manually and it didnt work for me. in th end though whatever you do it doesnt matter as long as you chart correctly.

http://www.tcoyf.com/charting.aspx is what i use - there is also fertility friend http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

i would defintely use online software. it can predict and confirm ov and pinpoint temps that should be disgarded for any particular reason. it will also determine the coverline which is extrmely important as if it is too high or low ovultion could be incorrectlyguessed . i know it seems like a hassle but it takes 5 mins to go on, log in, and add temp and that is it. i started manually and it didnt work for me. in th end though whatever you do it doesnt matter as long as you chart correctly.

http://www.tcoyf.com/charting.aspx is what i use - there is also fertility friend http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Thanks. Hmmm... maybe I'll chart on paper and online. At least then I can upload a few days at once if I do forget. Didn't realise doing it online did so much for you! Definitely worth a go anyway, even if either method doesn't work out for me.
Thank you for all the advice, it's so helpful. I'd be horribly lost without this forum :)

I'm using the babymad one which cost about a fiver from Aamzon - really pleased with it so far. It's good as it beeps (quite quietly tho, so won't disturb OH too much), so you can take your temp without turning the light on. It saves the last reading so you can check it again later when you've woken up more! It seems to be doing a pretty good job of recording my temps too... xx

Ooh, really glad I found this thread! Thanks for the tip ceebee, I have just ordered the babymad thermometer you recommended :) I've also printed off some temperature charts from the Internet woohoo bring it on!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back