Quick question about BBT measuring...

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi - i'm just about to start checking my BBT. I have a Babymad basal thermometer which beeps at you when it's finished. However, just wondered if any of you girls who temp leave the thermometer in for longer after it beeps, as it says in the instructions that they advise to "extend the measuring time by 3 minutes after the beep".

Any thoughts?

Thanks xx

Hi Ceebee.
I have recently started charting using Baby Mad BB thermometer. I'm still trying to figure it out myself, so sorry i can't give any advice. I'm just leaving the thermometer in until it beeps - as isn't that the thermometer telling you its at a constant temp?

Hi leeleekitty - on the instructions I think it says if you leave it in longer then it's more accurate, but it's a bit unclear... Will wait and see if anyone else has any experience of this... Thanks for replying anyway and let me know how you get on with temping :) x

Hi my themometer is the beeping kind. Once it beeps I read the temp and record it. I don't think it matters as long as you are consistent in what method you use. Some words of advice if I can - be extremely regimented with temping otherwise its totally pointless. Ie correct no of hrs of unbroken sleep,nothing to drink or eat, no talking, same spot under tongue.etc
Good luck.

Thanks for advice - I was thinking that consistency is very important - will do my best! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back