does it matter what sort of thermometer (sp)

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
hi, i have just read thru all the charting stuff n i reckon its a great way to take control, i was just wondering if it matters what sort of thermometer you use, are there a special sort and are they expensive, sorry to sound daft but can you only take your temp orally as i have aforehead thermometer just wonderin if that would be any good?

Lyn ..... you're best off with a digital - I got this from Boots two years ago (it was £13 then too) but I've just spotted they've got another one (without all the accompanying books) for £8.99.

Well worth the money if you're serious about charting, as the mercury ones are not really precise enough for your TTC needs, and for the same reason I don't think the forehead thermometer would be suitable either.

Good luck!

Lyn_no3 said:
can you only take your temp orally as i have aforehead thermometer just wonderin if that would be any good?
You can take it vaginally, but again only a digital thermometer would be able to give you the accurate info you need. And if you're gonna get a digital you might as well stick it in your mouth as opposed to anywhere else! :lol:

i used the boots one and fertility friend and with everyone charting on here theres so many people to help out if you get stuck good luck hun xxx

i'm gonna go get the boots one today n start charting tomora. really lookin forward to knowin where i am with everythin.

Think it has to be a digital fertility one as they are suposed to be more sensitive.

Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back