Bad night

TORino

Reaction score
Tilly screamed for about 3 hours earlier. No settling her at all.

I'm sure she's I'm pain somehow. She brings a lot back up after feeds and then gasps for breath and is really unsettled. I'm wondering of she has reflux,

So I've been feeding her and she ended up going a while without one boob and it's leaked all over the bloody bed.

Fedup.com

Just feeding her now. I really hope she'll settle

She could have reflux hun, something's making her miserable by the sound of it bless her. Always at the weekend though huh when the frigging gp's are shut :roll:

Hope she settles sweetie xxxxxxx

Obviously I have no advice as not a mum yet but just sending some hugs your way hun

Hope you've managed to settle her xx

I just hate feeling so helpless! Shes clearly in discomfort thrashing around etc it's awful to see. It always seems to be friggin bedtime when it happens too.

I.e when I'm least likely to be able to deal with it :(

I hear ya hun! The last thing I wanted to see at 4am was runny bum syndrome and to top it all off I wasn't quick enough with the nappy and he peed everywhere too!

It breaks your heart watching them I know :( xxxxxxxx

Have you been to doctors? It sounds like reflux & possibly colic? My boy has both. I'm very lucky that he hardly ever cries but I hate seeing him in pain. He gets extremely uncomfortable at night: arching his back slightly, straining, bringing his legs up to his tummy & grunting lots. He was also regularly vomiting up all of his milk a short while after feeding.
The doctor has given him medication for the reflux, but we have also found keeping him elevated for about 20-30 minutes after feeds helps. We have also elevated the head end of his Moses basket by about 30 degrees. There are elevating wedges you can buy especially for babies with reflux.
As for the colic, I was using infacol but found it aggravated the reflux!! So I now massage his tummy in a clockwise circular motion which I've found settles him. Also, to help get the farts out (!!!) I pull up both legs and gently push them towards his head, and then move the legs around in a circular motion from the hips (often do it whilst singing a song!!) I find this really helps get the "wind blowing"!!!!
If your baby gets worse though, definitely get the doctor to see them. I hope you get some respite soon & hope your bubba feels better soon xxxxx

I'm taking her to the walk in doctors. It's definitely not right her doing that I know.

It sounds like she's choking on the vomit and when we get up there are stains all over themoses basket

I hope they can help :(

is it me or do there seem to be an awful lot of babies with reflux sort of symptoms?

Bev I was just thinking the same. Although pip isn't here I'm keeping up to date with all you ladies from tri 3 in here and just this morn thought I'd never read so much about reflux etc

I wonder why?

i can understand if alyssa has it cos i have it and so does my mum, OH has ibs so it wouldnt be unexpected foor her to have some kind of tummy problem, i was half expecting it tbh. ive just found that asda online shopping do a type of sma formula made for babies with 'significant reflux' and was thinking about that for the future instead of faffing with syringes of gaviscon. im pretty sure alyssa is gonna end up being ff as shes not suckling properly anymore and isnt sleeping well unless held atm. after all the issues ive had trying to ebf im almost at the point where i want to give up just for an easy life. its been so much hassle and stress i could relax a bit if i ff instead which would make going back to college next week easier as well as letting my mum babysit so i could go to gigs again. at this point my boobs arent even getting sore of a morning anymore or full and hard due to alyssas sporadic feeding habits of the last few days. at least when shes had a bottle feed shes content and smiley once its gone down and stayed put for a bit.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?departmentid=1214921923692

Last edited:
The doctor told me reflux is quite common in newborns, especially those born early as their digestive systems haven't fully matured. It's something most babies grow out of pretty quickly though apparently.
Hope LO is ok! Xxxx

The doctor told me reflux is quite common in newborns, especially those born early as their digestive systems haven't fully matured. It's something most babies grow out of pretty quickly though apparently.
Hope LO is ok! Xxxx

yeah that makes sense but wouldnt be true for my lo as she wasnt early, isnt underdeveloped and it wasnt apparent til now really, it seems to have taken til now to show up. my reflux didnt present until 27 years old and mums wasnt a problem til her mid 40's. even mine is only sporadic flare ps of excess acid and goes away for months at a time with meds but i cant give alyssa any of the things that help me when i have a flare up.

i had meds for it while pg so maybe they held it off in her until now

Reflux is very common in young babies, and I'm sure I read that around half of ppl who think their babies have colic actually have reflux, because the symptoms are similar, but there is definate symptoms that point to reflux & due to the choking thing I'd say thats def reflux, thats what my LO does, but he has silent reflux, and isn't sick, he brings up acid, which just looks like saliva, he chokes on it too, he goes blue when it happens, which is why his is severe acid reflux.

Bev, I never knew so much about reflux until LO was diagnosed, now I see it everywhere, I feel like im commening about it (on here) too much, I see the symptoms & they stick out like a sore thumb, having had a very colicky baby (1st LO) and a reflux baby I can spot the differences easily

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back