Bad cramps

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I have been having bad cramps all afternoon. They come every 15 mins or so and feel like period pains and my back is killing too.

I have called the midwife and she said keep an eye on it and told me off cos i have done lots of driving and she said i may be overdoing it. :oops:

But I have been resting all afternoon and they are still the same....

anyone else had this? Its too early for bubs to be making an appearance so Im sure it cant be that.

:shock:

Well it's not too early. People do go into labour early, it's not exactly rare. Did the midwife say there was any chance it could be contractions? Does it feel like a contraction would feel? how long do they last for?

if it is contractions hopefull bubs will stay another few days so he is fully ready to meet the world :) :hug:

I have no idea!! This is my first baby so I dont know if they are contractions or not! Midwife said it was a possibility but more than likely i have overdone it.

Starting to panic a bit cos i havent got my bag for the hospital sorted out yet or anything!! :shock: :shock:

Get it packed just in case :D

Hopefully not, because bubs isn't fully cooked yet, but you never know!

I already have a little one, but i think contractions feel different for everyone. They are murderously painful for about a minute and then you go completely back to normal. Mine made me want to jump out of bed and pant like a dog, while clinging on to a firm surface. :D They are like cramps, but really strong.

I'd have a lie down if i were you and get your feet up, but keep an eye on times between.

Hope you are resting - I get cramps when I overdo it but not regular ones. Im sure your baby would be absolutely perfect if they were born now :hug:

awww hun u cud be having braxton hicks, i got them really bad one day where i was timing them. i was doin alot that day too. u need to rest and if they become more regular and intense then call ur mw back.
i was monitered today for half an hour and had 3 contractions lol it looked good written on the paper hahaha

still got pains off and on. Not got any worse though. Got Hubby massaging my back and that helps a bit. Im torn between being excited cos i want to meet my little man, and worried cos I dont want him to come too soon and not be 100% healthy.

it sounds like exactly what i had for about 12-16 hours before the "no-shadow-of-a-doubt-these-are-deffo-them contractions". started (before i went into labour with Hannah)

Hope your feeling better tho.

Tillytots said:
how you feeling today hun?

x

much better thanks. I only got up at 2pm!! I was worn out after yesterday but feel a lot better for the amount of sleep I have had and cramps seem to have worn off so I think the midwife was right and i had just over done it.
So today im taking it easy and DH is waiting on me hand and foot! :cheer:

J-Do1979 said:
Tillytots said:
how you feeling today hun?

x

much better thanks. I only got up at 2pm!! I was worn out after yesterday but feel a lot better for the amount of sleep I have had and cramps seem to have worn off so I think the midwife was right and i had just over done it.
So today im taking it easy and DH is waiting on me hand and foot! :cheer:

thats good, I was worried you might have popped!! I had a lie in today too for once :cheer: enjoy being waited on today :hug: and take it easy

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back