Back to work

klee1988

Reaction score
How do I go back to work??

I am entitled to the full maternity leave as Jayden was born after 24 weeks but I feel I am being pressured to go back. Its been over 5 weeks now.
Should I feel ready to go back??

My boss phoned like two weeks after Jayden was born. He pretended to be the nice boss and ask how I was getting on blah blah blah. I thought he was concerned and I thought it was so nice of him to phone but then he started asking when I was coming back and pressuring me to tell him...2 WEEKS AFTER!!!
I just said I don't know...he asked me to phone him within the next days to tell him...I still haven't phoned.

Then last night, my OHs uncle asked when I was going back...he was like its about time and you could do with the extra money. I felt so bad...I didn't know what to say. I feel like a bum, I have my qualifications etc but I don't want to work atm, I hate feeling like this.

I could do with the money as I am only getting the basic £112.50 a week. I have also been thinking that I'm not 100% happy with the job I'm doing and going back is just going to make me unhappy. The girl who sits beside me is a nightmare. I also constantly run out of work to do...Iv said this to the boss but he hasn't done anything about it so I just sit there pretending to do something when I really have nothing to do!!!

I was thinking of applying somewhere else but then I have to tell them why I have been off sick from work etc. It is so messed up I don't know what to do. Its stressing me out.
Also I want to try for another baby asap and this is not going to go down well with the company.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :hug:

Kaylee
xox

OMG I cant believe there all being like that with you, you have just lost your baby!

Tell them all to fuck off and take as long as you want, you lost your son and how dare they think a few days off and youl be back to work.

Their attitudes are disgustng.

hun i tried to go back to work early after losing jamie and it didnt work out i wasnt ready managed 1 hour and went home in a flood of tears take your time dont let them pressure you as your baby was born after the 24 weeks you are entitled to the maximum amount take as much time as you need let it be your decision when you go back not some insensitive jerks :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxx

I agree with rash. Don't go to work before you feel ready!

But maybe it might be better to find a new job if you don't like to work there.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i lost chloe just before 24 weeks so wasnt entitled t the full time but at discression of company iv had load of time off and have really only just gone back i had loads of support at first but now i hate it and part of me wants to find a new job, dont let it stress you out hun, thats last thing you need

take your time and take things slowly no one can ask anymore of you and im sorry but how rude are your bosses, they should show a little more compassion and give you more time,

PM me anytime you ever need to talk about anything :hug: :hug:

well, i can tell ur boss is not a dad :roll: :x

take as long as u want, as ur entitled to it. dont be bullied u been thru so much :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back