Back to work tomorrow...How did you find it?

NIE

Reaction score
Hiya ladies, :wave:

I go back to work tomorrow after a full years maternity leave and I wanted to know what everyone's experiences were.

I am only working an average of 10hrs a week as my work are happy for me to do flexi hours so that I can work around DH shifts and therefore wont need child care.

Not sure if want to go back at all. :? xxx

Ive gotta be honest hun, the first few days, even weeks are crap! :( I hated leaving my baby and really didnt want to be working and leaving him with someone else. I cried my eyes out and broke my heart when I first left him at nursery without me :cry: I hated it. However it soon heals a little, and the fact he seemed to settle in nursery straight away made it easier. He was clearly enjoying the fun and company of other kids, and soon thrived on the activities they set for them. Once I was comfortable that he was happy I relaxed a little, and soon began to enjoy work again and the adult company! I only went back part-time anyway so got the best of both worlds really. I got to spend some time both enjoying my son at home, and getting a break from baby talk when I went to work. Luckily I do have a job that I love and so i dont dread going in! :hug:

I am DREADING going back to work and i dont go back until January. Hope it goes ok for you xx

Good luck! Am I mad...I'm looking forward to going to work!! I've just handed in my notice and have applied for other jobs..I'm really looking forward to it!! :oops:

Good luck - the first couple of weeks are the worst. I think it it easier though that you are sharing with your OH - I do that so I just get up and go to work, leaving them both in bed! I think it would be much harder to get her up and drop her somewhere else.
At least you get a little rest when you are at work!

A struggle, but then I work full and time and from home for 4 days. :(

I have to say the 1st 2 days were hard (but not too bad) although it is fine now.

I have only been back at work this week and am part-time and it is absolutely fine. I have great faith in our childminder and I actually feel happier as I am getting some 'me' time. I was going a bit stir-crazy and part-time is definately great - best of both worlds. I also think it is good for Emms to be around other people too.

Hope it all goes ok - 10 hours will be absolutely fine I'm sure, I'm doing 22 1/2.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back