Back to work not looking likely

Being a SAHM is hard work and you do miss out on that interaction by not being in a work environment but you can do other things as people have suggested and you are doing what's most important to you, bringing up your son, so I do hope you find a happy balance, what about homebirth meetings at your home, would that be something possible for you to do for/with Mummy's to be? Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya,

I can sympathise, although I am enjoying being a SAHM, it would be nice to have the option to do a few hours work a week.

We don't have rellies near either, and don't qualify for working tax credit; plus OH works a fair distance away so is out for long hours. When I had Daisy 6 years ago I worked for the NHS, and I could have gone back but in the end we decided against it as after the childcare costs, tax etc, I would have only been bringing about a pound an hour home, and it didn't seem worth the hassle.

As the others have suggested, you could look into doing something from home. This has always been my intention, and now money is getting tighter there is more pressure to do something about it. I'm planning to invest in some ceramics equipment when we move as I've always been told that I could sell my sculptures (haven't done any for years though). I think one of the things that's kept me sane is attending one or two baby/ toddler groups a week - I've made a couple of really good friends and it's lovely to have a chat with other mums and have someone else make you a drink for a change!!!

All the best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back