back to work options?

Hypnorm

Reaction score
I was looking at the options of going back to work part time.
and wondered if any one had any advice.
When i left work they said they could give me vouchers to help with child costs but at the time i never really looked in to it and now i wish i had!

My job isnt high paid - i was only earning approx £900 a month.

If i went back to work it would be for only 2 days a week probably about 16 hours a week.

Now does my tax credits go down if i go back to work, and do they help with the payment for childcare?

as if i get no help then it will be pointless going back to work, as i would be working to pay childcare!

i enjoy my work and the people i used to work with.

So am just looking at my options. Plus we desperately need some money at the moment!

i dont know bout u hun but i thought id explain wot i get so u can wok out for ur self
as i work 16 hours a week i get higher rate tax credits as i am working i also get 70% of my childcare paid for me i dont think u get them vouchers if im thinking the same as u if u get the highest rate of childcare allowence i didnt neway
worth ringing the job centre bout tho

i dont mean to seem nosy but how much tax credits do you get as i am thinking i am going to work p/time (16 hours) but i dont know if we can afford this. i obviously dont want to drop to these hours and find out we cant afford it.I know it goes off income and you get a higher amount of tax credits if your income was below £15000 and you work 16 hours a week but could you give me a rough idea of what you get

I dont work at the moment, and my hubby is self employed.
and we get around £300 a month. but as hubby doesn't earn a 'wage' as such it is based on his company profit.

you would need to phone tax credits or go to their web site to find out what you could get.

i get just over £700 tax credits and childcare for 16 hours a week

thats good £700 a month!
wish i could get that! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111