• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back to life

ISH

Reaction score
I haven't been here much, and I haven't been anywhere much lately :( I have truly had the worst time of my life, physically, in the last couple of weeks.

Since I got my bad case of piles I've hardly been able to move, I was so sore, couldn't even go up and down the stairs without a huge amount of pain. It's been terribly depressing.

Girls, if you're having problems with constipation, do something about it now, before it gets serious. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! But, then again, my worst enemy is piles :rotfl:

So sorry ISH. That really sucks. I'll come out and admit that I'm pretty sure I got one big pile. My constipation got really bad last week and I have been forcing prune juice down since which has helped a great deal. Have you been to the docs with it? Have you got anything for your afflictions? I hope you can get comfier soon :hug:

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. Nice to see you back though x

I got to 36 weeks and thought i'd got away with it...OMG it was awful and came from nowhere. I used the Boots own brand cream and it didn't help so tried anusol and it was really good. Didn't make it go away but it help with the pain and i think even shrank it.....

The good news is, they do calm down and mine disappeared after Id had my baby.

They are evil and sent from the devil....

Hope you feel better soon x

So sorry ISH. That really sucks. I'll come out and admit that I'm pretty sure I got one big pile. My constipation got really bad last week and I have been forcing prune juice down since which has helped a great deal. Have you been to the docs with it? Have you got anything for your afflictions? I hope you can get comfier soon :hug:
Docs can't do much about it, have to eat right and things get on track, but it's a slow process unfortunately :(

I got to 36 weeks and thought i'd got away with it...OMG it was awful and came from nowhere. I used the Boots own brand cream and it didn't help so tried anusol and it was really good. Didn't make it go away but it help with the pain and i think even shrank it.....

The good news is, they do calm down and mine disappeared after Id had my baby.

They are evil and sent from the devil....

Hope you feel better soon x
I just don't fancy trying to push a baby out AND having piles at the same time :shock: It will probably be irrelevant at the time, but it just seems too much!

I've read that many people get them during birth for the first time, because of the pushing. That's an equally unsettling thought.

Oh no, that sounds so horrible :hugs:

what us ladies have to go through to make babies! xx

I so feel for you,I started having them after 33 weeks when the baby started descending into the pelvis. Get yourself anusol, it will get better after you give birth.
They are a work of devil indeed

oh hun u poor thing :(
I saw my mum suffer for years with hers. She had them before pregnancy so werent the the that would go away.
She had surgery to remove them. She said for her the best thing to ease the pain was sitting in a warm bath of water and them using anusol, or she got an ointment on prescription called Sherproct (sp)
My mw told me that dried apricots apparently work better than prunes, so maybe give those a go?
Hope it eases up for u soon hun xxxx

awww bless you! i was really suffering, then they put me on iron which made it worse! now i've been put on Metphormin for my diabetes, which apparently has the opposite effect. Good news is they seem to have cancelled each other out!!! woohoo!! lots of fruit juice seemed to help me

I know it sounds daft but pouring a kettle full of boiling water down the loo before you go really helps lol, tip from hubby! he's on morphine which makes him really bad bless him, thats one good tip anyhoo, worth a try. Did help me :)

:hug oh hun, sounds awful. Hope it eases up soon. Take it easy xx

Sounds awful hun :( was wondering wer you'd been Hope you feel better soon xx :hug:

oh hun u poor thing :(
I saw my mum suffer for years with hers. She had them before pregnancy so werent the the that would go away.
She had surgery to remove them. She said for her the best thing to ease the pain was sitting in a warm bath of water and them using anusol, or she got an ointment on prescription called Sherproct (sp)
My mw told me that dried apricots apparently work better than prunes, so maybe give those a go?
Hope it eases up for u soon hun xxxx
I just live on bran and beans now - nights in bed are a wild party, LOL! It's very effective though, things are looking much better already.

Sheriproct is what we give our patients for piles x
Thanks, sweetie :hug: I used Preparation H (didn't offer much relief, tbh), but I am desperately working on the cause rather than the symptoms now. I am determined to be cured well before baby arrives.

Argghh that sounds awful, I'm glad you're beginning to feel a bit better hope you get rid of them soon.

Sigh.... Still not looking great at all. Tried taking doggy for a short walk and came back in a hell of a lot of pain.

This is SO not funny any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back