back pain

Tracey M

Reaction score
Some of you may know I've been suffering really really bad with back pain. I have 2 prolapsed disks which give me grief at the best of times but since pregnant I'm in agony and of course I cant take anything for it....
The other day my back pain was sooo bad, I could not stand, could not sit, could not sleep - just could not get myself in any kind of position it was truly awful. Hot water bottle useless!
I was getting ready for bed and when in bathroom I was suddenly gripped with horrendous pain in my abdomen, so painful I was bent over double. I thought OMG the baby!! (well not quite baby yet but you know what I mean). I sat down on the loo and as the pain subsided I had the biggest fart in the whole damn world :oops: thought I'd wake up the kids :whistle:
This was then followed by (TMI) do I need to say?? Anyway, would you believe my back pain went back to normal!!!! :dance: I was soo relieved I can handle the normal pain.

So it seems that I have a problem with digestion, bowel, constipation, trapped wind so seeking advice from you girls out there on what I should do to keep me regular? I am feeling really hungry all the time - at the moment its porridge for brekkie, ham roll and fruit for lunch (have had a sneaky scone last 2 days at 11am - need to swap that for fruit I know), dinner something like lasagne and salad and some fruit and handful of nuts and raisins at night. I drink about 2/2 cups of decaf tea a day and about 2 litres of water. What can I do to keep this back pain at bay? I also exercise regularly, aerobics, yoga and pilates, aquafit etc .

Any advice appreciated. Oh and someone else mentioned a problem about feeling hungry at night. I seem to feel starving all the time - I really dont need extra weight I'm already size 16 and weigh 13 stone! So trying to watch what I eat anyway..... I know diets not allowed but am I maybe not eating enough? Last pregancy I put on sooo much weight I dont want to go through all that again - that;s why I'm still big now I never lost it after Joshua was born (well 2 stone but still 3 to go)

Oh the joys.....

feel sorry for you hun with your back pain.... but i know what you mean about the wind... my OH looks at me with disgust.. :) your diet is alot better than mine... i just eat what i want all the time.. prob why i look like im 4months pregnant already! going to take up swimming soon.. need to order a swimming costume, i have a bikini but dont look as lovely in that anymore, everything just spilling out everywear! and dont want to frighten anyone at the swimming pool!! hehe xx

Oh no Tracey that sucks, but I guess good in a way that it is digestion related and not your pre-existing back problem.
Your diet sounds fab, mine is shocking. Have had cheeseburger and chips and fish and chips today - eeeek! At the mo I am just eating what I fancy because I have felt so crappy the last 3 weeks; the last 2 days have been amazing, no sickness! Thank you God! :pray:
I don't know what to suggest to stay regular hun, I have found drinking water seems to help, I have to have a big pint of cold water in the morning as I feel so queasy and that normally helps me go... for indigestion, maybe Gaviscon or Rennie, or something pepperminty - maybe carry around some polo's or something in case it starts...
x

Thanks girls! Man, I always feel Soooo hungry.....but feel sick at same time! Right now I could eat.....em......let me think.....toaster waffles! Think ill just sleep instead lol

i get terrible back pain too, and that also eases off with a release of wind!
You seem to be eating really well, lots of fibre too, but maybe try all-bran cereal at night, and lots of prunes or raisins?
I find I can't digest sweetcorn very well, so eating that keeps me regular! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back