Back pain - contractions?

Spammy

Reaction score
Help ladies!! I'm confused. My back is killing me today. It's constant in my lower back but gets worse in waves.

I went to the midwife yesterday and she mentioned a possible water infection. They sent a sample off to check but the pain seems to be getting worse.

Iv not had any plug come away and no other signs but just wondered if this could be the start of something? Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up and it is an actual water infection but iv had those before and this feels nothing like!

I have no idea hun, although I have read that labour can start in ur back. I have my fx for u that it is something xx

Last edited:
i had back ache a good few days before labour and my show didnt come away til my waters went xxx

ooo!! Sounds like it coul d be! FX it is. My friends labour was all in her back and she said she felt like a little old lady for the day and her LO was born early the following morning, so you never know! xx

I think this is quite common if your baby is back to back? Labour can be mostly in your back. If it turns into contractions just do the usual counting/timing, if it doesn't then just assume it's not labour! xx

Could be Spammy! I had back ache last night and have a little now & (TMI I know but have just had a dose of the runs)! I went to bed last night thinking that I would be woken with massive pains but nothing occured! Fx for us both eh! I am just so impatient now and can't wait to meet LO! Good luck and keep us updated! Ohhhhh come on babachans xxx

Hi Spammy, hope this is the start of things and bubs makes a speedy appearance!

My labour started with backache, sounds like it could be it :D Good luck hun x x

Thanks girls. Was just at my gp for another reason and he tested my urine, said theres no infection so looks like its baby causing the pain after all.

Leesey - baby wasn't back to back yesterday but guess she could have moved.

I feel generally rough today, just had some paracetamol and going to have a nap if I can. Will keep you informed of any progress! It's so hard to know what's what when it's your first baby!

FX LO is trying to make and appearance then!! Will be stalking this weekend xx

One of my friends didn't realise she was in labour as she had what they call back labour so this could be it for you, good luck. x

I had this all day last Sunday, then nothing, got my fingers crossed its not the same for you though! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Could be you hun! I was told by my GP to expect a back labour as I have a tilted cervix, u could be the same maybe? Either way, fx for u :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I hope so too. Although not getting my hopes up to much. Just ordered a hot curry to maybe help things along :)

I had back labour and it does feel like back ache!! hope it is it for you!!
xxx

Hey Hun, fx this is the start for you :) so exciting xxx

Thanks Taffy. Will text you if anything comes of it!

Good luck sounds like it might be I had back labour with both mine no warning just contractions that started as back pain, hot bath and paracetamols and then try get some sleep just in case x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back